Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MATTHEW SPRING
England
Truro
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At what level of complexity will this game be? On the BGG scale of 1-5, where will it fall?

Will this approach or even exceed the complexity of GMT's 'Here I Stand' (3.9)? Or will it be nearer the more-manageable 'Europe in Agony' (2.9)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olivier Clementin
France
Paris
Paris
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Here I Stand and a playtest version of Unhappy King Charles. I find UKC much simpler, for a start it's only 2 players and political events are mostly handled through cards. The endless special cases which make HIS so difficult are not present here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has its own complexity scale, on which HIS is a 6 and Twilight Struggle a 4. I imagine UKC is a 5...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Vasey
Scotland
Mortlake, London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
More complex than WE THE PEOPLE but less than FOR THE PEOPLE.

Perhaps WILDERNESS WAR Level?

There are less special subsets of rules than in HERE I STAND.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles F.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
GMT has its own complexity scale, on which HIS is a 6 and Twilight Struggle a 4. I imagine UKC is a 5...

Wow. Only a difference of 2 between TS and HIS?!? I guess this only makes sense, if 1=Snakes & Ladders and 10=World in Flames deluxe. Because those two games are miles apart in terms of complexity, I'd say.

I'd say UKC is somewhat closer to HIS's level of complexity than that of TS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.