GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,482 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Rory's Story Cubes» Forums » Variants

Subject: Spot the difference rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jakub K.
Poland
Bydgoszcz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like how Story Cubes can be used in many different ways. One of the variants I played with my nieces is kind of memory game.

Game objective - memorize all dice and indicate which die was turned on different side.

One person is "Game Master" and does not participate in game.
GM should have some kind of cover so players can't see the dice.
GM rolls the dice (under cover) and when all players are ready he uncovers dice - all players should look and try to memorize pictures.
Players can look as long as they want but the first one who memorized all pictures (or at least thinks so) should shout "Ready!" - GM then covers all dice and in secret turns one die on some other side.
Then GM takes cover away and first player who tell which die was changed gets a point.

From my observation youngest kid was first to shout "Ready!" and usually won most of the time.

Modifications:
- additional point for telling what picture was shown at first
- GM can change positions of all or some dice before uncovering them (recommended)
- use more than one set of dice
- Kim's Game - no die is changed - instead players should tell/write down what they remembered (haven't tried this yet)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
funny.... my sons and I just did something very similar. We didn't use a game master, though... we just went around the table, taking turns changing a die while everyone else guessed which was changed. And we thought we made it up.

Yes, Rory's is amazing at just allowing you to improvise lots of little activities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.