Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Burgoo» Forums » Rules

Subject: What if ONLY player with no batches left has NO ingredients in hand... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Is he still considered a winner ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess so, if he is the sole player with no badge left. The goal of the game is to be the first to clear all batches. In case of a tie, you check ingredients in your hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are right, even though wording is not very clear in this case ('the winner is chief with most ingredients in hand').

So we houseruled it that if you want to be a winner, you must have at least one ingredient in hand (otherwise player with most ingredients in hand wins even though he still has one or more batches left).

It adds little tactics element and more tensity to the game because you need to ensure nobody 'catches you' without ingredients when your batches run out (as a result of other player's turn), or you can't just play your last ingredient to finish the batches and game as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that I had the chance to look up the official rules once more, I say it is pretty clear:

Quote:
The game ends when one or more players have no batches left.
Between all chefs with no batches left, the winner is the chef with the most ingredients in hand.
In case of a tie:
If the chef who ended the game is involved, that chef is the winner! Otherwise the game is a draw.

So in your scenario the winner is definitely the sole player that ended the game with NO BATCH left, no matter if he/she has ingredients in hand or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:

So in your scenario the winner is definitely the sole player that ended the game with NO BATCH left, no matter if he/she has ingredients in hand or not.

I didn't mean that my scenario is 'according the rules', defintely not (You are right about the rules). I just said that wording 'most ingredients' is not very precise in case player has zero ingredients (0 is never more ).

But we houseruled this anyway for there were situations when last ingredient was used to finish the game and we felt that variant which force player to have at least one ingredient in hand (if he wants to win) is little more fun. It gives us also option at then end to 'out' player with only one token in batch and no tokens in hand. And that was fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mindes
United States
Mountain Green
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
I guess so, if he is the sole player with no badge left. The goal of the game is to be the first to clear all batches. In case of a tie, you check ingredients in your hand.

Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.