Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Legends of Andor» Forums » Rules

Subject: Trading while asleep rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, a hero cannot perform free actions while his turn marker is on the sunrise box, like trade items and gold. Does that prohibition include both giving AND receiveing stuff?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes that's true. When a hero has ended his day he can't do anything anymore. When he is still on the sunrise box on a new day he can receive and give things before he makes a move.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:
When he is still on the sunrise box on a new day he can receive and give things before he makes a move.

Doesn't that contradict the rule as written? Doesn't a hero have to advance his turn marker at least once before being allowed to take free actions?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gabriel wrote:
So, a hero cannot perform free actions while his turn marker is on the sunrise box, like trade items and gold.

What makes you think that?

I've learned from the German forums that a hero who "is asleep" may still perform all sorts of passive actions, including receiving and trading items with other heroes in the same space!

Here's the exact breakdown of what you're still allowed to do:

- receive items/gold from other heroes
- trade (both ways, i. e. give and/or receive) items/gold with other heroes in the same space
- give items to someone else's falcon or receive items from some other hero's falcon
- spend willpower points or gold to prevent negative effects from an event that some other hero triggered

...and some examples of what you're not allowed to do (since it's considered an active action):

- use your wineskin to move a space
- send your own falcon to some other hero to deliver or pick up an item
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The dutch rules state:
Costless actions.
The next actions are free and a hero can perform them at any time. Exception: when a hero is on the sunrise field he can't do anything. Even costless actions.
The next actions are costless:
-activate fog tiles
-empty Wells
-take gold and items from a field or leave them behind.
-trade or receive gold and items from another hero on the same field as you.
-buy powerpoints or items at a merchant
-use items
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miraculix wrote:
Gabriel wrote:
So, a hero cannot perform free actions while his turn marker is on the sunrise box, like trade items and gold.

What makes you think that?

I've learned from the German forums that a hero who "is asleep" may still perform all sorts of passive actions, including receiving and trading items with other heroes in the same space!

Here's the exact breakdown of what you're still allowed to do:

- receive items/gold from other heroes
- trade (both ways, i. e. give and/or receive) items/gold with other heroes in the same space
- give items to someone else's falcon or receive items from some other hero's falcon
- spend willpower points or gold to prevent negative effects from an event that some other hero triggered

...and some examples of what you're not allowed to do (since it's considered an active action):

- use your wineskin to move a space
- send your own falcon to some other hero to deliver or pick up an item


The English rulebook brings: "Note: A hero cannnot perform free actions if his time marker is on the sunrise box." The portuguese rulebook says the same.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Schweitzer
Brazil
Americana
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DraedGhawl wrote:
The dutch rules state:
Costless actions.
The next actions are free and a hero can perform them at any time. Exception: when a hero is on the sunrise field he can't do anything. Even costless actions.
The next actions are costless:
-activate fog tiles
-empty Wells
-take gold and items from a field or leave them behind.
-trade or receive gold and items from another hero on the same field as you.
-buy powerpoints or items at a merchant
-use items


Ok, we are in agreement. I assume then in your previous post you meant "When he is still on the sunrise box on a new day he can'T receive and give things before he makes a move."
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
hcbftw wrote:
DraedGhawl wrote:
The dutch rules state:
Costless actions.
The next actions are free and a hero can perform them at any time. Exception: when a hero is on the sunrise field he can't do anything. Even costless actions.
The next actions are costless:
-activate fog tiles
-empty Wells
-take gold and items from a field or leave them behind.
-trade or receive gold and items from another hero on the same field as you.
-buy powerpoints or items at a merchant
-use items


Ok, we are in agreement. I assume then in your previous post you meant "When he is still on the sunrise box on a new day he can'T receive and give things before he makes a move."


You mean this post:
DraedGhawl wrote:
Yes that's true. When a hero has ended his day he can't do anything anymore. When he is still on the sunrise box on a new day he can receive and give things before he makes a move.


Well actually, I believed you could trade before you did your first move of a day. But now that I see the rules, I must disagree with myself... That's why I edited my post to strikethrough the wrong part.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys, but I still say that you are wrong!

It's not true that heroes who have ended their day cannot do anything anymore - they are allowed to trade (and do other passive stuff) while asleep (i. e. while their marker is on the sunrise space)!

Michael Menzel himself has answered that very question in 2013, see here:

http://legenden-von-andor.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124

(yes, that's the official German "Legends of Andor" forum )
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
black dog
France
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry but I forgot my german quite a long time. blush
Have the original rules been changed ? Because the french rule says that you can't do actions when you have ended your day.
What you can do is perfom free actions on another player's turn. That's quite different.

EDIT :
See this thread.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Miraculix wrote:
Sorry guys, but I still say that you are wrong!

It's not true that heroes who have ended their day cannot do anything anymore - they are allowed to trade (and do other passive stuff) while asleep (i. e. while their marker is on the sunrise space)!

Michael Menzel himself has answered that very question in 2013, see here:

http://legenden-von-andor.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=124

(yes, that's the official German "Legends of Andor" forum )


Well time to ask him again I think. Because there are 4 rulebooks that say you can't and 1 man(designer or not, still 1 man) who says you can...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Günter Immeyer
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yves wrote:
...the french rule says that you can't do actions when you have ended your day.

Well, that's a little vague, but doesn't necessarily contradict Michael's intention. Like I said: "you can't do actions" is to mean that you aren't allowed to actively use your items and do stuff with them anymore. However, trading (= giving and/or receiving) items and gold is still possible and allowed, as that is considered to be a "passive action".

And of course translation issues are common with popular games, so foreign players cannot be blamed for not knowing the proper way to play. The Dutch, Portuguese and what not rulebooks might indeed not include any further rule clarifications in this case - but the Andor forum definitely does!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just asked at the german forum anew and guys replied that strictly by the rules a player that has ended his day (and his disc is on the sunrise field), he cannot play for that turn anymore - at earliest he can play when a new turn starts and he might still be at the sunrise field.

Michael Menzel seems to have been a bit loose with his suggestion in there, so what comes out of this for me is:

- If you want to strictly follow the rules, no free actions are allowed once you end your day.

- If you do not care that much, you can allow some of these actions even for players that have ended their day - your call.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.