Dogs of War» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sortie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leon Mallett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a quick question: can you use Sortie when the Battle Track is on 0/in the centre (center)?

Since a Battle Track in the centre indicates both sides are defeated, i take it that it also means both sides are losing.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While technically you could be right, my answer would still be a No: you can only play Sortie when the battle marker is on the opponent's side of the track. Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leon Mallett
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
While technically you could be right, my answer would still be a No: you can only play Sortie when the battle marker is on the opponent's side of the track. Have fun!

Fair enough.

I think the card could and probably should have been clearer, and if it had been worded as you have above that would have been better, especially as where the scoring aspect leads.

It seems counter-intuitive to me, to effectively say Battle Track = 0 is defeated, yet is not counted as losing; caveats are the enemy of clarity in my humble opinion in design terms.

However, you are the designer, so your answer helps and is gratefully received.

I would suggest that this is added to a potential FAQ, since it also applies to 'To The rescue' presumably.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbapapa Barbapou
msg tools
mbmb
Sorry but,

When you are using this card ?

Phase 3 for me and not phase 4? it's right?

And when i play this card, any of my soldier card worth 2 or it's +2 for "sortie" + the strenght of my soldier ?( when the battle marker is on the opponent's side of the track).

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.