Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Koenig
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure it would apply to other spells, but this question specifically came up yesterday during revealing of Mind Control Enchantment.

The card says that Mind Control can only be revealed between Action Phases.

Situation:

Forcemaster vs Warlord. Warlord has initiative. Warlord has 1 creature on the board.

First quickcast: Warlord passes. Forcemaster casts mind control face down on Warlord's creature.

Acion Phase: It is Warlord's first Action Phase. But before that, Forcemaster reveals Mind Control on the creature taking control.

Is that a legal play?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just realized, I posted it in expansion forum by mistake. Mods, feel free to delete this post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branam
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah dang, I missed the overriding text on the card and cited a bunch of rules for revealing...and then found you'd already received an answer for this here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/17664841#17664841

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A creature's action phase is defined as the time between Activating it (flipping it's action marker) and the time it finishes it's actions. You can not reveal Mind Control during this time. Thus you either have to reveal it before it activates or wait until after it is finished acting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.