Subject: ICE WITCHES rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rudy priecinsky
Slovakia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. It is possible to 'relocate' Winter marker ? (at the end of each redeployment phase)

2. If Ice Witches lost Magic Source region, should Winter markers remain where they are (on selected regions) until next redeployment phase of Ice Witches ? Or should they remain on region until 'Ice Witches go into decline' (but in this case what to do when same/any other region with Magic Source region is conquered by Ice Witches ?

3. If Ice Witches wanted to conquer region with Winter marker on it, they also should considered as a region with +1 defense ?

4. It is possible to place Winter marker in water region ? (I presume not)

Thanx !

Ps: I've never had problems with SW races/powers rules, but Spiders Web ambiguous rules makes me headache often :-(
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Obvious
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is as follows:

1. No, the rules state Winter markers are a permanent addition to the region as long as the Ice Witches are active, so once you've placed it, that's it.

2. The Winter markers stay where they are once placed as per the answer above. All the magic sources do is indicate how many markers the Ice Witches may play at the end of their turn. Highlighted this bit as this is a rule we've got wrong a few times when playing.

If the Ice Witches control a magic source at the end of their first turn they may play 1 marker. If they control the same source at the end of their second turn they may play a second one, the magic source isn't "exhausted" once you've used it to play a Winter Marker. This is important as it means the Winter markers can burn up (no pun intended) fairly quickly if the ice Witches player feels like it.

3. Yep, they still need 1 more counter to conquer the region.

4. I don't see why not but it's a good question. The only possible use I can see would be to deny a seafaring race of their point. If the Ice Witches themselves are seafaring, why make it harder on yourself to conquer it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mahoney
United States
Lihue
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
rudy3 wrote:
3. If Ice Witches wanted to conquer region with Winter marker on it, they also should considered as a region with +1 defense ?

Rhodesylad wrote:
My understanding is as follows:

3. Yep, they still need 1 more counter to conquer the region.

I don't think this is correct. My rules specifically state that it costs opponents 1 additional counter to conquer the region.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vespert Ilio
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
mahoneyk wrote:

I don't think this is correct. My rules specifically state that it costs opponents 1 additional counter to conquer the region.

Which language is your copy? The online pdf rules says:
"Ice Witches collect 1 Winter marker for each Magic Source they control at the end of their Redeployment phase. At the end of their Redeployment phase, Ice Witches may place their Winter markers in their own Regions or any adjacent Region (there cannot be more than 1 Winter marker per Region though). A Winter marker permanently augments the Region's defense by 1. It remains on the board as long as the Ice Witches are active. Regions with a Winter marker that are not controlled by an Ice Witch earn 1 less Victory coin than usual."

It only says "A Winter marker permanently augments the Region's defense by 1" without mentionning any particular player

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mahoney
United States
Lihue
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
Vespert wrote:
mahoneyk wrote:

Which language is your copy? The online pdf rules says:
"Ice Witches collect 1 Winter marker for each Magic Source they control at the end of their Redeployment phase. At the end of their Redeployment phase, Ice Witches may place their Winter markers in their own Regions or any adjacent Region (there cannot be more than 1 Winter marker per Region though). A Winter marker permanently augments the Region's defense by 1. It remains on the board as long as the Ice Witches are active. Regions with a Winter marker that are not controlled by an Ice Witch earn 1 less Victory coin than usual."

It only says "A Winter marker permanently augments the Region's defense by 1" without mentionning any particular player

I bought mine recently, in English. I'll post an exact quote when I have the rule sheet in front of me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.