GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,309 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Tajemnicze Domostwo» Forums » General

Subject: 7 Player Easy was anything but! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
(not sure how this post got "declined" as a user submission, just trying to make a dang post in the session section of FORUMS, geez, so now I'll try it in General)

We played 7 players and I was the ghost. A hand of 7 card to divy out to 6 psychics is very difficult. Needless to say, we did not win. You may find 2 or 3 cards that are decent clues but the other 3 are a one way road to nowhere. Without being able to replenish dream cards mid-turn doesn't leave any wiggle room for decent hints to all psychics. A variant is definately needed for more players in this game. As it is, I woudln't consider easy level at all easy for 6 or 7 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina T
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it's very very hard for 7 players on any setting. Wouldn't play with that number again myself, because the downtime for the investigators and bookkeeping for the ghost becomes a bit much, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
toober wrote:
Without being able to replenish dream cards mid-turn doesn't leave any wiggle room for decent hints to all psychics. A variant is definately needed for more players in this game. As it is, I woudln't consider easy level at all easy for 6 or 7 players.

When I watched Rahdo's run-through (maybe a difference in the Ukrainian ruleset) I thought for sure the ghost player replenished between each psychic?

EDIT: My reading of http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/110713/english-teachin... says you draw back up again between each psychic.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
After you give out a clue to one off the players, you replenish your hand drawing back up to 7 cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Ahhhh. That's somewhat better. It was even in my own rules summary but I didn't catch it when we were actually playing. Thanks for the clarification!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
schlawiner wrote:
Agreed, it's very very hard for 7 players on any setting. Wouldn't play with that number again myself, because the downtime for the investigators and bookkeeping for the ghost becomes a bit much, too.

What bookkeeping? If a psychic guesses the who, I reveal the who from my pile, (and they can put the who in front of themselves as well to remove it from view of what other psychics are working on). Same goes for the location and item. As I hand out dream cards, I flip over that psychics color token for the set so I know I've already handed them clues for this round. Once I hand out clues to everybody, I flip the ghost set of color tokens back over to announce which psychics have their crystal balls correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Etherton
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the redrawing allows for some interesting card play on the part of the Ghost player. If you have only one card that is a good match for one psychic, maybe hold onto it a bit and give out cards for other players first, hoping to get more cards suitable for that one psychic first. In a pinch, if none of your new cards are good for anybody, you can always finally place the cards you'd been holding instead and hope for something better for the remaining psychics.

Plus, when all goes to hell, depending on your skill level you'll get to flush your entire hand in a pinch.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Yes, refilling to 7 between handing out hints allows for refreshing between hints too during the same turn, MUUUCH better than the way we did it that night, only refreshing between turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.