GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,433 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Planned Assault and Priority Events? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]

Oregon
msg tools

If I play a Planned Assault on my first click, can I then use it to find and play an Early Bird or a Three Steps Ahead? If the second click on the double event is simply an additional cost, then the priority event is still being triggered on the first click, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anon Y. Mous
msg tools
mbmb
No, because it's being not being played as a click.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No. You are not playing the priority event with your first click, you're playing Planned Assault for your first click. See also this clarification from the FAQ, which says that you cannot use Same Old Thing to play a priority event.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait, so if you have Wyldside/HaW/SCF then you can't play priorities?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, it's still your first click of the turn. You just lose a click from your total to spend when playing Wyldside/HaW/SCF
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kroen wrote:
Wait, so if you have Wyldside/HaW/SCF then you can't play priorities?

Losing a click is not spending a click.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Oregon
msg tools
Huh. I was thinking there might be a difference between playing a card "on" my first click and playing it "with" my first click. Where am I, if not on my first click in that situation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lodger wrote:
Huh. I was thinking there might be a difference between playing a card "on" my first click and playing it "with" my first click. Where am I, if not on my first click in that situation?

One of the most important hurdles to get over for learning Netrunner is to realize that there's no such thing as "on", "in", "for", "during", etc. a click. Clicks are a discrete resource that can be gained and spent, just like credits, and are spent to initiate actions. You wouldn't say "on my fifth credit I pump Corroder one strength", would you? Once you get over that little hump, a lot of things in Netrunner will make a lot more sense

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.