GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,978 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

1843» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shares and Private Companies rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
george jaycock
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Two questions please?

1) I buy the Cie de Boulogne/Amiens private company and receive a free 10% share certificate of the ETA. Thereafter I look to buy further shares in the ETA. Can first purchase be a 10% share and then swap these two for the 20% president's share, or do I need to buy the 20% share, such that I then initially own 3 shares?

2) I buy the Cie de Lyon/Mediterranee and receive the 20% president's share of PLM. Presumably the PLM can operate if floated at once despite the par price being set in green par box; it does not have to await green phase? Then other players buy PLM shares to help float the company and thereby limit the number of 30Fr revenue payments I receive from the private. Does the share price remain at par before the company is floated? Unusually 7.4.3 states that the stock price marker is put in place at same time as the par price. If the share price is allowed to be trashed prior to the PLM floating then the Cie de B/A is certainly less attractive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
1) It is not possible to buy additional shares until the company has been parred, and the company isn't parred until the presidency has been bought (as a single purchase).

2a) Yes, the PLM floats as soon as no more than 40% is still in the IPO.

2b) Of course the PLM can have its stock value trashed, just like any other parred company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george jaycock
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Notts.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the very, very quick reply and in plenty time for next game session! 3-player game just started and in progress. With so many 18xx's it can be easy to assume rules that are not the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.