GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,246 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Game Night in Plymouth, Devon. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam James
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi all, I have recently started a games night operating out of Carpe Diem on North hill in Plymouth. It runs on an 'open gaming' format, meaning everyone who attends is encouraged to bring along whatever games they want to play and we pick what to play on the night. Sometimes a main event may be planned ahead of time, but there is always time in and around this to fit other games in.

We have been operating for 6 weeks now and are going from strength to strength, but it is always nice to see more players and meet like minded people. We play a diverse mix of card and board games currently and have a whole floor to ourselves without interruption from (or interrupting!) the rest of the bar. I have also organised a regular £1 off all drinks for those who are participating on the night.

Although many of us turn up as early as 6pm, the night officially starts at 8pm every Thursday and goes on 'till late with The bar's licence ending at 2am.

I run the Facebook group 'Plymouth Gamers Alliance' where you can see photos of our previous evenings, news on upcoming nights and related news and posts. It is an open group and I encourage people to join and use this page particularly if they live in the southwest of England.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.