Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still very raw, but this is my starting ideas. I need to figure out how to get rid of the yellow text. I can't select it in gimp so I just threw the image on top.

My main idea is that the cultists are fairly simple, but may ramp up dynamically based on the elite abilities. I don't see anything overpowered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know, Klutz uploaded some GIMP friendly versions over here.

I hope that helps!

Otherwise, I like the idea of finding cultists down in the mines. Also, it's cool how the elite abilities point to which monstrosity they are worshiping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rancourt
Canada
quebec
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job. It he's mIssing 1 elite ability (6) and he have a range attack but no range to hit number

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ondrej Kocnar
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
njep wrote:
Still very raw, but this is my starting ideas. I need to figure out how to get rid of the yellow text. I can't select it in gimp so I just threw the image on top.

My main idea is that the cultists are fairly simple, but may ramp up dynamically based on the elite abilities. I don't see anything overpowered.

Interesting idea,
check how ranged monsters actually work however.
Targa Pylons card shall be your guide.

Also the upgrades feel unthematic as they shuffle together
various Mythos lineages.
Deep-one Tcho Tcho mummies? Funny, but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dafe wrote:
Good job. It he's mIssing 1 elite ability (6) and he have a range attack but no range to hit number

For some reason I had a lot of trouble editing the to hit value on the .xcf file. the elite ability got cut off. I saw it but then I realized I wanted to work on it. Initially I was thinking maniac and + 2 damage, but I'm having second thoughts.

I also have think about avoiding the deep one/tcho tcho mix. There is an easy solution (create 2 branches of elite abilities), but I don't won't to make this non-intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny W
United States
Long Lake
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello -

So far most of the elite abilities of all the monsters boost their stats, but don't add anything new.

Maybe the cultist can teleport away from close combat?

Maybe the strength of the cultists is based partial on number and if a cult priest is present.

Maybe cultists can summon other horrific fiends.

Maybe cultists can alter the terrain by making barricades.

Maybe the cultists have varying types of range attacks:

Bolts
Ball explosions
Chain effects
Vapor clouds
Suicidal
Amplification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Njorl
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've updated the image and generalized the stats a elite abilities. Also found a couple of layers that I could get off the image. I would do a 1d6 on the ranged attack, but I felt that would be a little too powerful considering you can spawn 12 cultists. At least that is the initial thought. So instead of guns, it is more like throwing daggers.

Another idea could be that instead of always making ranged attacks, it is a once per fight 1d6 attack. So kind of like a junk zone defense in Ultimate (Most have no idea what that is, but it came to mind and made me smile), they act as ranged until they get that first shot off, then they close to melee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.