GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,755 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Five Tribes» Forums » General

Subject: Play Time - A bit longer than 60 mins rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Riley
United Kingdom
Woodford Green
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The overview on the main page puts the playing time for Five Tribes at around 60 minutes. Since getting this yesterday we've managed three games, all taking over 100.

Now these are two mplayers, so more camels are needed to finish and there might be more thinking time required as you're taking two turn a round, but 60mins seems a long way off.

What have others found?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerstin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our first games took a little longer, but now for us 60 minutes is quiet in the range.

It depends a lot on which Djinns come up though: with the Dschinn in play that let's you take control of tiles with only meeples on it usually the player that has it goes for finishing the game fast and then we also had games that took around 40 minutes only. But other games can also last around 90 minutes sometimes.

So I'd say a little over an hour is kind of the average play time for us now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a game that has the constant looming threat of running WAY over if you play it with someone who has AP or needs to maximize every move because there really is no way to prepare for your turn as the board is constantly changing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It goes faster as you learn the game. Also, in 2p, I aggressively place camels before someone can accumulate something like a lot of green cards or some other cumulative effect, and that tends to make the game faster (and seems to be a successful strategy for me)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro G.
United States
Hurst
Texas
flag msg tools
Sometimes you have to roll the hard six.
badge
I'm getting my men...
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on the players, I've played with some people who are AP prone and push the game to 90 minutes.

I just tend to quickly scan the board and make a move...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played games lasting between 25 (3-player with a Djinn card to place extra camels) and 120 minutes (4-player with 2 AP prone players). I feel this game has a few variables which make the game lenght vary much: the AP of the players, the Djinn cards available, the number of players (3 players beiing the shortest) and the strategy the players follow (at least one player who rushes to place his camels, even for low points).

BTW My 2 2-player games took ca. 75 and 45 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.