Christopher Donovan
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Under "Foot Units - Heavy Infantry", "Fire Dice" is listed as "Hold: 1* / Move: 1*". There is no note in the special rules column explaining the "*", and under "Fire Range", the unit has "-". Is this just a hold over from the way it was listed on the ref sheet for Expansion #2? I ask because I notice it's the same on the Expansion #4 ref sheet, making me wonder...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this in the original Exp 3 or the new Exp2/3 box?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zerosum wrote:
Under "Foot Units - Heavy Infantry", "Fire Dice" is listed as "Hold: 1* / Move: 1*". There is no note in the special rules column explaining the "*", and under "Fire Range", the unit has "-". Is this just a hold over from the way it was listed on the ref sheet for Expansion #2? I ask because I notice it's the same on the Expansion #4 ref sheet, making me wonder...

Are these listed as Marian or Julian Heavy Infantry?

http://www.ccancients.net/Rules/Expansion-3/new-special-rule...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Donovan
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the original Exp. #3 ref sheet, and it's on the listing for just plain old Heavy Inf. The Marian & Julian Heavy Inf. have their own listings...

It's no impediment to play I was just curious about it as the error (if it is an error) was not corrected on the Exp. #4 ref sheet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Gaddie
United States
South Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just check the sheet for the new Exp. 2/3 reprint and it also lists the heavys as 1*/1* with no reference to the asterisks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the Expansion 2 Reference card, it has a similar annotation, but includes a Range: 2 and a * note saying this applies to Marian Legions.

So it looks like an error to me, where they added new lines for Marian and Julian Legions, but failed to completely remove the Ranged note from non-Legion Heavy infantry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.