Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Here is a bunch of questiosn I got in my last play.

1) The Detained condition said : The only action the Investigator can do is: INFLUENCE: Discard this condition.
If I fail my INFLUENCE test during my first action, do I lose my second action or can I try a second time ?

2) Norman Withers, the Astrologer can once per turn spend a sanity instead of spending a clue.
To use this special ability does he need to have a clue or not ?

3) Some mysteries allows to 'spend the clue you gained on this mystery'. How does this interact with the Astrologist ability. Can we put a Sanity token on the mystery and count them as clue to resolve it ?

Thanks in advance for your anwsers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You can only take each action once per turn, so you lose your second action.

2) No, not unless he needs two clues to do whatever he's doing. Like using his other ability.

3) No. It has to be "the clue you gained from the research encounter". Clues gotten any other way, including things like the five clues for gaining the grotesque statue (even if you gained it from a research encounter), don't count for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hankroyd wrote:
Hi,

Here is a bunch of questiosn I got in my last play.

1) The Detained condition said : The only action the Investigator can do is: INFLUENCE: Discard this condition.
If I fail my INFLUENCE test during my first action, do I lose my second action or can I try a second time ?

You can't do the same action more than once a turn, so in this case you lose your second action.

Quote:
2) Norman Withers, the Astrologer can once per turn spend a sanity instead of spending a clue.
To use this special ability does he need to have a clue or not ?

No he doesn't.

Quote:
3) Some mysteries allows to 'spend the clue you gained on this mystery'. How does this interact with the Astrologist ability. Can we put a Sanity token on the mystery and count them as clue to resolve it ?

No you need to use a clue gained from the encounter you've just had, the sanity token will not have been gained in this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for your answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arutha ConDoin
Belgium
Dilsen - Stokkem
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hankroyd wrote:

You loose your 2nd action but another investigator can also spend one of his actions at the influence test if he's on the same location. That's what the Local action meens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Aubert
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I forgot about that too. I will remember it for the next time. thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Arutha ConDoin wrote:
Hankroyd wrote:

You loose your 2nd action but another investigator can also spend one of his actions at the influence test if he's on the same location. That's what the Local action meens.

And pretty soon the lawyer in Mountains of Madness should be able to break people out too regardless of where he is. If I remember his card correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.