GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,928 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

War of the Ring (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ents Awake card Help Needed now!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My son is asserting that if Gandalf the White is in Fangorn with no others, that is he is there alone, that he can play that card.

He asserts that since Gandalf is a companion that that itself satisfies the companion requirement.

Ok what is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Constantinople wrote:

My son is asserting that if Gandalf the White is in Fangorn with no others, that is he is there alone, that he can play that card.

He asserts that since Gandalf is a companion that that itself satisfies the companion requirement.

Ok what is it?
I don't know much about the game, but I searched the forums and found this:

Gandalf the White, Aragorn, and the Ents Cards

aammondd wrote:
MythicalMino wrote:
Once Strider becomes Aragorn, and Gandalf the Grey becomes Gandalf the White, are they still considered "Companions"?

and if so, does Gandalf the White count as a companion in Fangorn if he is alone in Fangorn?

Yes, hey are still companions.

Yes, Gandalf counts as the companion in Fangorn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Having Gandalf the White in Fangorn satisfies both conditions for all three Ent cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Meyers
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Wow, We've been playing this wrong for as long as we have been playing!!

My son is right!!!

Thanks!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some dude
Netherlands
Groningen
There dismay took them, for at the gate was a guard of whom no tidings had yet gone forth.
flag msg tools
Swiftly the wolf grew, until he could creep into no den, but lay huge and hungry before the feet of Morgoth. There the fire and anguish of hell entered into him, and he became filled with a devouring spirit, tormented, terrible, and strong.
badge
Then swiftly all his inwards were filled with a flame of anguish, and the Silmaril seared his accursed flesh. Howling he led before them, and the walls of the valley of the Gate echoes with the clamour of his torment.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is also mentioned here:
General Rules Questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.