Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Lett
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do the starting buildings (Brotherhood of the Masons, Forest Glassworks, Glassmaker's Colony) count as "adjacent" buildings (ex. Extension)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
If they are actually adjacent to something, then the answer is yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

This makes sense - thanks for the clarification!

That said, I assume that the two unused areas on the left side (between the starting buildings) never count as "empty spaces" and, thus, neither of these spaces would ever
- get you Wood for Wood Depot;
- get you points for Village Church;
- allow you to place building, Grove, Pit, or Pond on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
Ponton wrote:

This makes sense - thanks for the clarification!

That said, I assume that the two unused areas on the left side (between the starting buildings) never count as "empty spaces" and, thus, neither of these spaces would ever
- get you Wood for Wood Depot;
- get you points for Village Church;
- allow you to place building, Grove, Pit, or Pond on it.

Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
8-bit Matt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the question...I never considered this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ponton wrote:

I assume that that's also true when these buildings are upgraded.

For example, if you upgrade Brotherhood of the Masons to House of the Brotherhood (getting 4 Clay) and later build Tavern (which lets you copy an adjacent Immediate building) next to it, you can get 4 more Clay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gillum wrote:
If you upgrade Brotherhood of the Masons to House of the Brotherhood (getting 4 Clay) and later build Tavern (which lets you copy an adjacent Immediate building) next to it, you can get 4 more Clay.

Ponton confirm this here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone. I recently purchased this excellent game, and I came to this thread. I'm wondering if this assumption is correct or not. On one hand I think it's logical since start buildings are buildings. But on the other hand I think the start buildings are buildings that do not interact with your landscape, they're only "attached" to it.

Is this an official answer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
The start buildings are buildings and they are spaces on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
Hello everyone. I recently purchased this excellent game, and I came to this thread. I'm wondering if this assumption is correct or not. On one hand I think it's logical since start buildings are buildings. But on the other hand I think the start buildings are buildings that do not interact with your landscape, they're only "attached" to it.

Let me just say, thank you for finding this existing thread rather than just starting a new one. I wish more people would do that.

And in case you don't know, Ponton speaks with authority on most (all?) of Rosneberg's games, so his answer can be considered official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
alexandermagno wrote:

Let me just say, thank you for finding this existing thread rather than just starting a new one. I wish more people would do that.

And in case you don't know, Ponton speaks with authority on most (all?) of Rosneberg's games, so his answer can be considered official.

Thank you for your answers grant5 and Ponton. Sorry if I've bothered anyone with my commentsblush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.