G. Gambill
United States
Shawnee on Delaware
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In this episode of The Long View, I'm thrilled to be joined all the way from Iceland by
petur eythorsson
msg tools
and Jens as we discuss the thematic title, A Game of Thrones: The Board Game (Second Edition). Is this the modern Diplomacy? What are the differences between the first and second editions? Do you hold your friends close, but your enemies closer? Does a knowledge of the books and HBO series enhance the game or disrupt it? All these questions and more are answered in this episode of The Long View.

As a bonus, Jens and Petur review the old classic game of Intrigue. A game of deceit, lies and backstabbing. Sense a pattern here? Check out the review!

Finally, I review two new games. First up is Lagoon: Land of Druids from Three Hares Games. The review can be found at the 1:27:30 mark of the episode. Find out what makes this game such a great example of a themed abstract. How can a game be both? Listen and find out!

Finally, I review the new game Bullfrogs from Thunderworks Games. Is this just the latest light filler, or is it something to hop and croak about? Check out the review which begins at the 1:48:40 mark of the episode.

Thanks to The Dice Tower! The Long View is a proud member of The Dice Tower Network, go and check out all of the great sister podcasts in the network to find something fun for you like The Start Space Podcast podcast.

Thanks, of course, to my sponsor www.gamesurplus.com the home of great games, great customer service and great prices! See what they have to offer!

The episode can be found through iTunes, here in the BGG database, through Stitcher, or by following the link below. Thanks for listening! Follow us on Twitter @longviewpodcast and, if you have time, rate us on iTunes. Thanks for your support!

http://drivethruvideos.com/wp-content/podcasts/LongView/Game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.