GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Abyss for $33 ($41 @ CSI) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Shea
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Came across Abyss for $33, which appears cheaper than the normal OLGS. I hope some find it useful.

http://www.amazon.com/Abyss-Board-Game-Cover-Vary/dp/B00KU10...

BGG Link:
Abyss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thornhill
United States
Ashland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! Got one for 32.37!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to resist but couldn't. Seems like a cool game, and the price is still this low last I checked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing price for an amazing game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought I could dodge sales tax as this isn't sold by Amazon. Unfortunately, the seller does charge tax. Still, at $34.80 it's close enough to a CSI/MM/CH/etc daily sale that I bit.

Looks like their is a small price war driving the price down further. It's now at $31.66

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Aldrich
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow thank you so much!!! Got it for 31!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Kellis
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Down to $31.66. I'm surprised it's not more popular here. How's the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sckellis wrote:
Down to $31.66. I'm surprised it's not more popular here. How's the game?

I posted a review on its page from MeepleTown (our site), but I'll say I think it's very good, although it's basically a classic set-collection Euro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasta Batman
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I just received my copy, and was disappointed to find that a corner edge of the box top was completely split. The split was visible through the shrink, and it obviously didn't occur during shipping. I decided to keep it because of the low price and the fact that I really want to play it this weekend. Hopefully this was an anomaly for Amazon seller 'Great Price Fast Service'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc S
United States
Collegeville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:
I just received my copy, and was disappointed to find that a corner edge of the box top was completely split. The split was visible through the shrink, and it obviously didn't occur during shipping. I decided to keep it because of the low price and the fact that I really want to play it this weekend. Hopefully this was an anomaly for Amazon seller 'Great Price Fast Service'.
That stinks. The box is the best part of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Loewen
United States
Newburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:

That's disappointing. I should be getting my copy tomorrow, so we'll see if it was an anomaly or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:

These games were fulfilled by Amazon. So it was an Amazon employee that grabbed the game off the shelf and packed it.

I'd be willing to bet money that this was an anomaly and not an indication of the seller's reliability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pastabatman wrote:

Contact Amazon and tell them your problem and ask if there's anything they can do. They may tell you to contact the seller, but if it was fulfilled by Amazon, I wouldn't be surprised if they offer you a replacement or account credit. Amazon has pretty awesome customer service in my experiences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
EAST OLYMPIA
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same thing happened to me as Pasta Batman above, and from the same seller. Just received it in the mail today, and the shipping box was damaged, as well as the game. The entire corner of the game box was split apart under the shrink wrap. As it is a third party seller, I cannot do a straight across replacement, so I am returning the one I got today. I just took a second chance and reordered another one due to the low price (now $30.97). Another down side is the refund for the first one will take several weeks to post. A bit of a hassle, but I hope this one comes undamaged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sithhunters wrote:
Same thing happened to me as Pasta Batman above, and from the same seller. Just received it in the mail today, and the shipping box was damaged, as well as the game. The entire corner of the game box was split apart under the shrink wrap. As it is a third party seller, I cannot do a straight across replacement, so I am returning the one I got today. I just took a second chance and reordered another one due to the low price (now $30.97). Another down side is the refund for the first one will take several weeks to post. A bit of a hassle, but I hope this one comes undamaged.

That isn't the same thing that happened to Pasta Batman. He said his shipping container was not damaged, so the damage either happened in the box during shipping, or as he hints at, the damage may have been present before shipping.

Sounds like your damage was likely caused by shipping. At least that is how Amazon will handle it, if you tell them that the shipping box was damaged.

I just got home to find my copy had arrived. Mine seems to be unharmed, though Amazon continues to pack game boxes using those lousy inflatable pillows. Urg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Piquette
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Hello!
badge
I had to spend this geek gold on something
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine and it has no obvious damage.

Also, this is down to $30 for people who are still interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Icarus599 wrote:
Got mine and it has no obvious damage.

Also, this is down to $30 for people who are still interested.

Mine arrived and had one minor ding on the cover and an outside corner was slightly smashed. Also, the corner seam of the base of the box was completely split. None of it matters to me too much because it is not very noticeable. I will just use packaging tape on the corner seam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I also received a damaged copy, with no obvious shipping container damage... Anyone have any traction with Amazon? If all of us complain, that should let Amazon know that something's up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sygyzy
United States
Goleta
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No offense, but is this the first time you guys have ordered from Amazon?

They always always uphold quality so if you just tell them there's a problem they'll give you a free label to return the damaged game for a new one, let you keep the damaged one and send you a new one with next day delivery, refund your money after you return it using a pre-paid label, or refund your money and let you keep the item. Honestly, this is not some fly by night company. It's Amazon. You don't need traction. You don't need an uncle that works there. You need a few clicks of the mouse and words. Use your words.

Sorry you got a damaged game. It happens. I also ordered Abyss and I'll check to night how my copy looks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Swingley
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
sygyzy wrote:
No offense, but is this the first time you guys have ordered from Amazon?

They always always uphold quality so if you just tell them there's a problem they'll give you a free label to return the damaged game for a new one, let you keep the damaged one and send you a new one with next day delivery, refund your money after you return it using a pre-paid label, or refund your money and let you keep the item. Honestly, this is not some fly by night company. It's Amazon. You don't need traction. You don't need an uncle that works there. You need a few clicks of the mouse and words. Use your words.

Sorry you got a damaged game. It happens. I also ordered Abyss and I'll check to night how my copy looks.

I think we all totally understand (2+ year Prime customer here), but this isn't an Amazon product, only distributed by them... so we're unsure of how they'll handle it. I'll certainly be doing a livechat tomorrow morning and I'll let you all know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.