Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played this for the first time today and loved it, but the fiddliness of the weapon upgrade chits was the one thing that got annoying. Has anyone thought of a way to improve this aspect? Someone in another thread mentioned replacing the dwarf discs with dials to eliminate the need to track down and replace the weapon chit constantly; has anyone found such a dial that works well or aware of a way to make your own?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan-Willem van Leeuwen
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We use the chits and also find it fiddly. However, while a player is adventuring and upgrading is weapon, the next player can already take his turn. So the fiddliness isn't much of an issue as nobody has to wait for the adventurer to be done fiddling.

I can imagine this being more annoying with 2 players though since the turn will quickly come back to the person who is still working on his adventure. Also, dials would be cooler, so I'm also interested to see other answers to this question

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ArrBeeDee Dial
United States
Lexington Park
Maryland
flag msg tools
I am working on overcoming my AP. Here is my 'to do' plan ...so far: 1).
mbmbmbmbmb
When we are playing two-player, when she adventures, I do the weapon upgrades for her and then take my turn.

The only question is whether she is "upgrading all" - getting more than one shield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah a dwarf clix figure would be great.
Good idea.
Now where can i get some?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think dials would be pretty sweet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
or individual cardboard guides. Displaying the actions Dwarfs can make. The bottom of the guild will let you turn a 4 dials so you can display the correct level of 4 different dwarfs.

Maybe i will mass produce these and sell them. I will make millions $$$$$$. Muuaahhhhhh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Venables
msg tools
Come on guys use some initiative, a pen and paper works fine! Just rip a piece of paper off and put it on your dwarf to list the weapon level, and every time it upgrades scratch out the number level and write the new one (or use a tally chart). Much easier, sometimes the best solutions are the simplest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swfcdan wrote:
Come on guys use some initiative, a pen and paper works fine! Just rip a piece of paper off and put it on your dwarf to list the weapon level, and every time it upgrades scratch out the number level and write the new one (or use a tally chart). Much easier, sometimes the best solutions are the simplest

Or even better put a dry erase sticker on top of a token and use that.

But for chrissakes, mark the orientation of your 6's and 9's. Because why would you ever not do that? WHY?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
ScoobyG wrote:
But for chrissakes, mark the orientation of your 6's and 9's. Because why would you ever not do that? WHY?

Agreed but this is somewhat mitigated by the other detail on each disk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swfcdan wrote:

I would argue a dial is even simpler

Does anyone know how many spaces are on a heroclix dial?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Does anyone know how many spaces are on a heroclix dial?
12, I believe. And since no adventurer stays on a 1 or a 2, it would be absolutely feasible to make the dial go 3-14, and keep the single 1 and 2 chits for that temporary "I'm on the adventure right at this moment" point in time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I like board games more than most people.
United States
Northlake
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
When I die I want people to look at the condition of my games and say, "Man, he really played these alot."
mbmbmb
There are some "make your own Heroclix dials" sites and they all have 12 slots.

I think the dials come apart without too much effort and it would be pretty easy to make a dial that had the numbers 3-14.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Martineau
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
Maybe I'll just stay home and play KDM.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We bought a small plastic container with 14 slots and sorted the number chits. Much better than digging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Venables
msg tools
SpoDaddy wrote:

It may be but my solution is free and can be done instantly. Not sure you really need gadgets just to track the levels of expeditions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swfcdan wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

It may be but my solution is free and can be done instantly. Not sure you really need gadgets just to track the levels of expeditions

Need, no. Want, YES.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.