Subject: Anyone want to pitch in for ordering print and play boards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got everything Trains except for the Gen Con 2013 map. I'd be willing to buy an original, but no one appears to be selling them (well, apart from one crazy guy on ebay asking over $100.

I'm happy ordering one from Print and Play Games; it's only $8 to order the map adhered to a 4 piece mounted board. The problem is that the minimum order is $25, and there's nothing else I want from the site.

Are any other folks interested in banding together to order a bunch? I'd take care of ordering them all and would happily ship a board to anyone who wants one for $15. $8 to cover the cost of the board, the rest to cover U.S. shipping. If you're interested, reply to this post or shoot me a message.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saslett wrote:
I've got everything Trains except for the Gen Con 2013 map. I'd be willing to buy an original, but no one appears to be selling them (well, apart from one crazy guy on ebay asking over $100.

I'm happy ordering one from Print and Play Games; it's only $8 to order the map adhered to a 4 piece mounted board. The problem is that the minimum order is $25, and there's nothing else I want from the site.

Are any other folks interested in banding together to order a bunch? I'd take care of ordering them all and would happily ship a board to anyone who wants one for $15. $8 to cover the cost of the board, the rest to cover U.S. shipping. If you're interested, reply to this post or shoot me a message.

Sure, $15 is worth a gamble. Count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Keeling
United States
Lyme
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd like to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
follow me on twitter: @zenxacred
mbmbmbmbmb
saslett wrote:

i would but i'm not in the US.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want to pay for shipping to Japan I can still order one. Don't know how much it would cost. $20 maybe?

One more US buyer and I'll have enough to order them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
saslett wrote:
If you want to pay for shipping to Japan I can still order one. Don't know how much it would cost. $20 maybe?

One more US buyer and I'll have enough to order them.

sounds fair. count me in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK. Boards have been ordered. Total cost was $53 (shipping was a crazy $18), which means $13.25 per board + whatever it costs to ship to your individual addresses from Texas. Should arrive by the end of next week. Please geek mail me your addresses so I can calculate postage and final charges for everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to 13 oz ships First Class anywhere for $3.50 or less.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my map today! Thanks Stephen!

Quick note: My opinions below do not reflect on the OP, but rather on the product made by Print and Play Games.

It doesn't look too bad. The colors are great and the image is very clear. The finish is slighly more smooth and satin than the textured, flat finish on the base game map, but it still looks great. The size is the exact same as the printed area on the official map, but the official map is slightly bigger overall due to the black border.

Cons: well, it's definitely prototype quality. The thickness of the card stock leaves something to be desired. The assembly consists of four separate panels, joined together with a mesh fabric material, which isn't too bad except that the joints are not perfectly aligned (notice the gap near the bottom edge in the photo below). Finally, it would be nice if the edges had some material wrapped around them, like the official board does, to prevent fraying or delamination of the layers.

Overall, not bad. I had low expectations so I'm pretty satisfied. Is it worth it? Meh... Probably not in my case. I paid $19, including $6 Priority shipping from the OP to me. Without that extra $6 in shipping, it would probably be more reasonable IMO, so be sure to consider all the possible fees if you're thinking about going in on a group buy like this with anyone.

Best of all, now I have something nicer than the paper copy I had before

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree completely. I'm happy despite the prototype quality mount but I also didn't have to eat a second shipping cost. It's a shame that the minimum order is $25 with shipping of $10 when the base cost of each board is reasonable.

That gap is something new. The boards were all aligned when I shipped them. Maybe something happened to the mesh tape in shipping?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Schmidt
England
Harrogate
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no good reason to not send things like this First Class when you are already over the $15 total you quoted folks. Glad I avoided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any left?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Aslett

Houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Afraid I shipped out all of them already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zen
Japan
Kyoto
flag msg tools
youtube.com/neatozen
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in Japan today. It definitely is prototype quality.

Had to recut and redo the bindings, and overall it went quite well.

It works. But I would still like to find/acquire the proper board of this someday. Thanks again Stephen!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.