2 Posts

Carcassonne: Mage & Witch» Forums » Variants

Subject: alternative use, 'The Seer' (or Oracle, or whatever) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Milner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I happen to not like the official rules, so may I suggest another, simpler use.

When you draw & place a M&W tile, you can ignore the symbol and meeple it as usual. OR

-You take one of the M&W pieces and place it in a city or road you control. (probably next to your meeple). In doing so, you have invited a seer / Oracle to take up residence.

- Whenever anyone adds a tile to that city, and they draw a replacement tile, they can if they wish, by consulting the seer, just look at it, choose to keep it OR put it back in the bag and draw another one. This you have to take.

- When the city is completed, the figure is put to one side ready for when a new M&W tile is drawn.

To keep it simple, I see no difference between the two figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Sheehan
msg tools
Nice idea. Would you rule that a seer/oracle could be moved from one incomplete city/road to another when someone draws a M&W tile? Or is it stuck in a city/road until that feature is complete? I'd personally rule in favor of the first option, but I was just curious how you saw it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.