Harpoon 4» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mines Rule of Harpoon 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Han Song
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
Did COA release any detail rules of Mines for Harpoon4.1? If have,where can I get them,or,if somebody can provide them?

Thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger BW
United Kingdom
High Wycombe
Buckinghamshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the best of my knowledge there are no published rules for mines in Harpoon4. It wouldn't be too hard to put something together if the numbers for sensors, warheads, etc., were published, but I haven't found any sort of comprehensive source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Lund
Denmark
Århus
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes, Beware the Geek bringing gifts!
mbmbmbmbmb
H4 has always kinda fudged mines. In some scenarios the scenario lists the probability of the minehunting sonar finding mines (Boomer Bastion, if I recall). Other scenarios specify that a minesweeping unit must move through a certain area to clear it of mines.

But that's it, as far as I know. Having a 300+ mines minesfield is a nightmare in a manually plotted game, if you want comprehensive rules

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomasz Niedzinski
Poland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There are comprehensive mine rules for Command at Sea, but given the time period there are only contact and some influence mines there. But I think they are good starting point.
300+ mines minefields are no big problem. You define density of the minefield (which of course is number of mines divided by area size if the minefield) and you calculate % chance of hitting a mine for every mile covered in the minefield or something like that (and by calculating I mean take from the table).
But there is so many various mines out there now (some launching torpedoes when activated), that it would be hard to cover them in other fashion than by case by case basis.
Besides there is not too much data on them probably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.