Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Axel A.
Germany
Mühlheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just orderd Formula D and wan't to use it as Family Game.
(I also ordered Singapore and the Docks.)

I just read over the Beginner Rulebook... everthing is clear... and one simple way to change the Tracks came to my mind.
There is a Rule about how to handle Tunnels....

Tunnel System to shorten laps or make bigger laps (maybe over more boards):

Every Tunnel you enter has a tunnel to exit.....
Its a very easy way to jump from Track 1 (Monaco; A Side)to Track 2(Street Race Course; Side A ).... and back to Monaco(A-Side) if you want to.

If you want to jump more than once per lap you can use a color code Tunnel system... Entering the green tunnel means you exit the green tunnel und after that you enter the yellow tunnel to jump to another part of one Track in your stock....

Next variant same easy way. Use a Tunnel to enter a selfmade super Straight and exit it over a Tunnel to resume the original track.

I never played formula d until now.. but i thougt about the replayability of only 2 Tracks in the box.
I think this system is very easy to use.. just make some tunnel tiles and you have a much more variable Board.

Any suggestions on how to improve my thougts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First thoughts: If you want a longer game, just do more laps (I doubt you will ever want to do more than three, but number of cars is also a factor).
Having people play on different tracks, especially on both sides of the same track, will be difficult, unless you have multiple copies of the tracks. Not everyone will be on the same track at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel A.
Germany
Mühlheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would not race on both sides of the same gameplan during one race........ funny thought hehehe maybe with a glass table and some glue... hehee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game does play different just by changing the number of laps. In a two or three lap race you have pit stop strategies that allow you to repair your car. You can also allow for changing the setup of your car, or play the street rules with the different drivers.

Good choice with the Docks track! That has many different ways to play it! Select any of the 1,2,3 loops (7 ways), 2 starting grids and 1-3 laps for a total of 42 different ways to play that circuit alone.

After you play it a few times with your four circuits you will see that there is much variety you already have. Do try the season rules when you get a group of players. I find it the best way to play. If you lose or crash out, you can still come back later in the series.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Axel A.
Germany
Mühlheim
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to hear, that there is so much variaty out of the box.
Christmas is coming closer an my son will get the game as a gift.

Last weekend we build a dice tower out of Lego.... can't wait to test it with the Formula d dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.