Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter O
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,
I might have missed some news somewhere. Has there been any word lately on an imperial epic ship. It seems odd to me they released epic rules with point buys for both sides, and then only leave it to Rebel mirror matches.

Unless you house rule the corvette for the Imperials.

I was originally betting on an X-mas release, but that clearly won't happen. Did the demand for reprints on the main waves push things back for another epic release?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordy Crozier
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The next wave is the Scum and Villainy one so we can only assume if they're going to release one it may be another sub-wave between 6 and 7. Also not sure if Armada has changed plans in terms of Epic play, shouldn't think so. I would be very surprised if we don't see another Epic ship in 2015. Having said that the Decimater is bigger than the large base ships but not as big as the epic ones so unless its a stop-gap?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkey Prime wrote:
Also not sure if Armada has changed plans in terms of Epic play

It hasn't. Someone asked exactly that during the GenCon FFG event and they said "nope". They also said "not to worry" about the missing huge ships "for the other guys" (imperials).

They are working on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious as to what they'd choose for the Imperials. My SW knowledge regarding ships isn't exactly vast but looking around wookiepedia most Imperial stuff is gigantic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Reynolds
United States
Vermontville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
I'm curious as to what they'd choose for the Imperials. My SW knowledge regarding ships isn't exactly vast but looking around wookiepedia most Imperial stuff is gigantic.

It'll need to be something out of expanded universe for the Imperials. Everything from the movies is way too big.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rogue Knight
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "easiest" choice is the Assassin class corvette. Basically an upgunned, heavily armored Corellian Corvette.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nova Squadron Radio podcast just had an interviewer with the game developers. They stated that they weren't abandoning Epic play, but that there were only so many game designers to go around and a lot of things happening.

EDIT: Since someone just linked this to an FFG post, I want to clarify that they aren't abandoning it. They just don't have a timeline for when things will come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG announced it at Worlds. It's slated for a Q2 2015 release, right after Imperial Assault and Armada. It's the Victory-class at 1/1700 scale. 37" long:

You might want to use your Barnes and Noble coupon for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheng
Taiwan
Taipei City
n/a
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
patox wrote:
FFG announced it at Worlds. It's slated for a Q2 2015 release, right after Imperial Assault and Armada. It's the Victory-class at 1/1700 scale. 37" long:

You might want to use your Barnes and Noble coupon for this one.

You're joking, right?

The picture is from the Tokyo Toy Show 2014
http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=3580.0
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eunoia wrote:
You're joking, right?

The picture is from the Tokyo Toy Show 2014
http://scifimodelaction.com/sfmaforum/index.php?topic=3580.0

Of course he's joking. He made it blatantly obvious when he said Victory class and posted a picture of an Imperial class Star Destroyer!

Duh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Dunford
Canada
Kemptville
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG WRONG SCALE!!1!
yuk gulp shake

Should be way bigger, even if 37" is already longer than one of the play area dimensions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen T
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, serious question... Is that coming to the US? Because I will need to start saving my pennies...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.