Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the basic set of Battlestations along with both Galatic Civil War and Pax Galacticum.
Somewhere in one of the books I saw a random mention of a Diplomacy skill. does anyone know what book this is going to be in? In my opinion, such a skill is the main thing missing that keeps this game from being more fully flexible as a roleplaying system. Currently there is no real way to allow a hero to attempt to lie or trick or convince an npc of something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Johnson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i believe it's coming out in Pirate's of Trundlia.
but just because you don't have the book for the diplomat, doesn't mean you can't be one.

stay well,

jj

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure I could. I mean, it would be easy enough to add a diplomacy skill and use it for the things I was talking about... but still, I'm really interested in what they have in mind for it.

Have there been any hints on when the next expansions might appear, anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonah Johnson
United States
Van Nuys
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nice to see you are excited about more BS.

unoffical hint: Jeff trys to bring out new expansions in the first quarter........but he likes them to be juuuuuuuuuuuuust right, so it usually comes out at the end of the 2nd quarter.

stay well,

jj

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So not until the middle of next year? *sniffsniff* That makes me sad... Ah well, my friends and I are just getting our first campaign up and running right now, so with the two expansions out already, we've got quite a bit to play with. Still, Pirates and How much for your Planet both sound very cool, to say nothing of the couple things just teased at in the back of Pax (cthulhu battlestations? arkham horror was my other big purchase at gencon... that would be like combining two of my very favorite things! and star fleet battlestations? i loved star fleet battles when i was younger, but then the complexity of the rules eventually turned me off. i had difficulty learning it well enough to ref, and few others were interested in doing so)

but i'm rambling. i should get off the geek and go do some homework.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sinister
United States
Unspecified
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
As playtesting is comming along I'll tell you that the diplomacy skill is becomming more and more useful.

I hope jeff doesn't mind me sharing:

For instance, we now have diplomatic approaches to missions that you will see in pirates. Instead of warping in, you'll be asked to make diplomacy roll to see how close you get to a ship before "the jig is up". At that point the mission starts, the enemy knows you are hostile but if you've rolled a good diplomacy check you are right where you want to be.

Lately I'm seeing it used more and more as a skill unlike any other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.