Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan A.
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've really been wanting to buy Paths of Glory (right now hoping a trade goes through) but in my research, found this game. It seems that WWII: BtB is a WWII version of PoG (with some changes).

Now I can't decide, PoG or WWII: BtB! I really like WWII games BUT have a few of them and would like to see what WWI wargames are like.

Someone please help me make up my mind!

edit: FYI, I posed this same question at the PoG page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pombeiro
Portugal
Sao Joao do Estoril
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've started with BtB, and only now did I start with PoG. For me PoG should have been the first one, for WWI is great, and then move on to BtB, because is much more complex, after all is a refinement of PoG, so I find it harder to learn and play.

Just my two geekcents!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon thornton
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
POG. I bought BtB first because like you I enjoy WWII games. I really enjoy BtB and am currently in the middle of a tense game however the naval and air rules are abstracted out of it completely and the game begins in June 41 so much of the strategic fun of any War in Europe game (the fall of france , do I attack norway ? when to attack USSR , should I go for Gibralter through spain etc ) has all been taken out.

POG was the first really decent WWI game I ve played (bar Guns of August 20 yrs ago). The lack of naval and air rules involved doesnt matter of course because they are far less significant in WWI. In itself it is an excellent game and you do have the strategic options as the Germans as to which front you make your main thrust.

I gave POG a 10 and BtB a miserly 9 ( or was it 9.5 ?). POG I think is the better game but that doesnt detract from BtB at all. The best option is of course to have both - like I do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.