Popular Tags: [View All]
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

Anyone with the KB Big box, please let us know if the card backs are fixed?

Before the base game of KB is without flags of the country that the cards are in. And the expansion has the flags

Wonder if big box fixed this, but either having all flags? or without flags?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
Hi,

Anyone with the KB Big box, please let us know if the card backs are fixed?

Before the base game of KB is without flags of the country that the cards are in. And the expansion has the flags

Wonder if big box fixed this, but either having all flags? or without flags?

Thanks

I have the big box. I was not aware of an issue but there are no flags on the cards corresponding to the language.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
ok, thanks, but the cards do come in several different languages correct?
All without flags on the back then

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
ok, thanks, but the cards do come in several different languages correct?

No. My copy was the English copy only. Even instructions were just in English. I believe there are other language versions of the big box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
Is your copy a retail copy or pledged KS edition copy?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
Is your copy a retail copy or pledged KS edition copy?

Thanks

Pledged KS edition. But besides the free Queenie promos, it should be the exact same as retail version. Nothing was exclusive nor special about the KS "version."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Lin
United States
Dublin
California
flag msg tools
mb
Ok, thanks
But thought that KS edition gets the special shaped settlements but retail does not...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
cglin222 wrote:
Ok, thanks
But thought that KS edition gets the special shaped settlements but retail does not...

Oh yeah, that is correct. I forgot those were unique to the KS versions. But as far as I know, the printed material is all the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the KS Big Box. The deck of cards was labeled as the English version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Whizkid wrote:

On the cards themselves? I believe that is what the OP is asking - not if the cellophane was labelled for the whole deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
cglin222 wrote:
Ok, thanks

I don't know if you've found out about this yet, but the decision was made after the Kickstarter was funded to also include the special shaped houses in the retail version of the Big Box as well in order to not have to do two print runs.

I'm especially happy that I didn't back the Kickstarter now as I got it for a better price and got almost everything that was in the Kickstarter. After reading about the rules for the Island I'm not too excited about getting it anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delthos wrote:
cglin222 wrote:
Ok, thanks

I don't know if you've found out about this yet, but the decision was made after the Kickstarter was funded to also include the special shaped houses in the retail version of the Big Box as well in order to not have to do two print runs.

I'm especially happy that I didn't back the Kickstarter now as I got it for a better price and got almost everything that was in the Kickstarter. After reading about the rules for the Island I'm not too excited about getting it anyway.

That's odd, because I purchased the retail version and mine didn't come with the special shaped houses. I'm not complaining, because I actually prefer the unmodified design, but just as a warning to people who think whatever retail version they purchase will have the special houses. All of them do not. I know because I bought my Big Box retail and it doesn't have them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mb
Maybe it was just for the first run for retail that they did during the kickstarter and all further prints didn't have it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew J
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delthos wrote:
Maybe it was just for the first run for retail that they did during the kickstarter and all further prints didn't have it.

Could be.

I wondered whether certain retailers had just acquired copies directly from the Kickstarter campaign, but obviously it would make little sense for them to pay roughly $90 a copy on Kickstarter to only turn around and sell it to someone like me for $58.99.

Given that a number of retailers that had it now only have limited quantities available or are otherwise sold out, it's hard to imagine they've already done multiple print runs of it, but who knows.

Maybe they just randomly put the special houses in some and not in others just to generate endless hours of conversation about the game on BGG on the subject of whether different editions of the game come with or without the special houses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
aeroguru1978 wrote:
Delthos wrote:

Could be.

I wondered whether certain retailers had just acquired copies directly from the Kickstarter campaign, but obviously it would make little sense for them to pay roughly $90 a copy on Kickstarter to only turn around and sell it to someone like me for $58.99.

Given that a number of retailers that had it now only have limited quantities available or are otherwise sold out, it's hard to imagine they've already done multiple print runs of it, but who knows.

Maybe they just randomly put the special houses in some and not in others just to generate endless hours of conversation about the game on BGG on the subject of whether different editions of the game come with or without the special houses.

I am pretty sure that CoolStuff Inc and possibly Miniature Market back directly. I am sure they are paying a special retailer rate (their standard discount) and possibly a further discount as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schumann
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Whizkid wrote:

On the cards themselves? I believe that is what the OP is asking - not if the cellophane was labelled for the whole deck.

My copy has one extra card with a US/UK flag. The other cards do not have flags.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.