Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Martinez
United States
Enterprise
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have been playing with Civ bots and was a little confused on one rule "Expansion". Lets say I have a cube on America, Mexico, and North part of South America... and civ bot has one on southern south america and also north part of South America. The civ bot draws expand/war...

Do I put an expansion cube in Mexico or is it blocked because we are both in North Part of South America?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Brandon,

As both of you exist on the Northern portion of South America, the Civbot may Expand into Mexico (as it has a cube in the Northern portion of South America and is thereby adjacent to Mexico) and may either attack you in Mexico or the Northern portion of South America as the Civbot has a cube in the same territories as you. However, the Civbot must have the ability to win the War or it simply ignores that portion of the card.

Obviously, if the Civbot has Navigation, it may choose to Expand elsewhere, as well.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian St. John
msg tools
Very good summary, just one little correction.
If the Civbot doesn't have Navigation and doesn't have any other territories then it MUST expand to Mexico because it's the only valid target for the Expansion Action.

If the Civbot is stronger than you and may attack you in either Mexico or Northern South America, then it will attack where the number on the Territory Marker is higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.