Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bob Roth
United States
cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Note to self - NEVER buy a game which I have to assemble to miniatures. This is probably the worst "craft" I have ever attempted. What a mess...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the insightful comment.

Please refer to one of the many existing threads about the problems of miniature assembly:
Anyone else having trouble assembling the figures?
My attempts to glue together Minis for SOBS: The Dark Times
Mini assembly
Mini glueing question
Highly dissapointing quality of the miniatures
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bob,

Pay to ship the mini's to me and return postage and I will put them together for you... No charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Holley
United States
Chattanooga
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
51% DELICIOUS!
mbmbmbmbmb
wystan wrote:
Bob,

Pay to ship the mini's to me and return postage and I will put them together for you... No charge.

Seriously?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, Klutz - no need to be freakin' rude. Maybe the guy hadn't seen the threads. I know it's happened to me before, as have rude comments by random members when I just hadn't seen any prior threads.

Just ease off a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Matthew Holley - (stjase) - Yes, I would assemble them for free. I enjoy Mini Building and these are no problem. All I want is to not pay to ship them to me or back to him....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klutz
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
I am a "certified" art critic.
badge
I am a professional BGG commenter.
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:
Dang, Klutz - no need to be freakin' rude. Maybe the guy hadn't seen the threads. I know it's happened to me before, as have rude comments by random members when I just hadn't seen any prior threads.

Just ease off a little.

Ok, I'll admit I might've been a little harsh.

In my defense, had he given us even the slightest inkling of being here to get help and suggestions to help him assemble his miniatures, I would have been a lot more polite and offered up what help I could provide.

He didn't take the time to even explain what he was having trouble with... Heck, he couldn't even be bothered to write out "assembly".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's more understandable - I reckon the cowpoke just needed to vent.
Besides, you have better things to do - start finishing up all that brilliant SoBS content!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, its pretty terrible. But im a "proud" owner of Super Dungeon Explore so im used to it... although i have to admit. SoB is worse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:
Ya, its pretty terrible. But im a "proud" owner of Super Dungeon Explore so im used to it... although i have to admit. SoB is worse

there is no way SoBS is worse than super dungeon explore. 7 pieces for a half inch tall figure? really? BTW if you are looking for more base game figures I am willing to part with my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roth
United States
cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
wystan wrote:
Bob,

Wow - thank you for the kind offer. That is truly amazing that you'd offer your service like that.

Sorry I was so vague in my initial post. I was just venting because I feel I ruined several minis. My issue with them was aligning everything up so there were no gaps in the seems. As time went on I did get better at gluing them but it took me 6 hours to complete both core sets. I'm glad it's over so I can actually start playing this tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Marti
Switzerland
Riedholz
Solothurn
flag msg tools
Super Trooper, I said!
badge
Waaagh
mbmbmbmbmb
Broth32 wrote:
... I'm glad it's over so I can actually start playing this tonight ;)

soon you will have forgotten all the misery you had to endure - I'll promise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Curtis
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It took me a bit to put mine together, but after Deadzone and Dreadball it was no big deal, (and unfortunately there are gaps due to the manufacture of the minis) but I must say that once you start playing those dissappear into the story going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
NM
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on clipping, trimming, gluing and assembling the stranglers. Perhaps it will help.

Assembling, Trimming and Gluing Stranglers (Pictorial)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.