Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's looking like this is STILL pre-order everywhere. It seems like so long ago that those Gen-Con copies surfacred. SIGH. Anybody know why there's another hold-up? Are there any copies available other than Gen-Con ones? (E-Bay purchases that are probably Gen-Con boxes anyway don't count) Why did FFG say August, no September, no October AFTER production copies were already pumping out? I can understand development or production problems delaying a release (seems to happen an awful lot to FFG), but just NOT KNOWING how long it will take for your boxes to ship and become readily available looks rather ludicrous for any company in any bussiness.

::END RANT::

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
FFG website says "Early November". Be patient...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:

Interesting. Last time I looked, their Dunwich page still said, "Coming in July"

Actually, I came here to post something along the lines of: "We're Running Out of September" ...but I guess not, hunh?

-R³

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
You're looking in the wrong place.
The product page has never been updated (FFG should have learnt better by now, but alas...).
What's regularly updated is the "Upcoming" page of all their products (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/productsrelease.html).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:

November huh?

I don't mind being told something will take a year, two years, whatever. But when they say "Next month! No, we want to tool the mechanics. . . NEXT Month! Er. . . Month after next! Ah, there's a slight problem in production. . . howabout next quarter?" THAT BS upsets me. (Ever wonder how Columbo always got his man? It was always "Just one more thing. . .")

I can wait just fine, it's the broken street dates that make me wonder just what is wrong with FFG. They have a REAL problem with over promising and underdelivering (every one in retail knows it's SUPPOSED to be the other way around). No matter how good their product is they can't keep making stupid, unreliable forecasts.

Case in point: Does ANYONE really believe "Tide of Iron" will be available in December? Last I heard, they were officially asking playtesters at a convention what they thought of the mechanics! (You know: what did you like/dislike? What can be done better? Got any ideas?) Anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I agree that repeatedly broken expectations are simply lack of care towards the customers.
I aslo wonder why they simply aren't more prudent: announce something for November and having it available in September wouldn't hurt anyone, while the opposite...
At least we've learnt to know that the dates announced by FFG are wrong, usually by several months (when Dunwich was said to be out on "July 2006", I was ready to expect until Christmas. And I still am.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Luke the Flaming wrote:
You're looking in the wrong place.
The product page has never been updated (FFG should have learnt better by now, but alas...).
What's regularly updated is the "Upcoming" page of all their products (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/productsrelease.html).

Ah, the product page still shows "July." Your link is much more credible.

Interestingly enough, their Reprints Page (http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/reprints.html) lists the next Arkham Horror edition as, "At the printer; expected October 2006."

Or am I being a tad too naïve?

-R³

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pretentious? Moi?
United States
Pocomoke
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... mine arrived by UPS today.

An early Christmas gift to myself!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.