GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,255 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Infinite City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Security Guardpost optional if it hurts the active player? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric VB
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
We played a game last night. For the very first move. the first player placed a Housing tile next to one of the 5 face down tiles.

"Place one of your tokens on an empty tile."

After he placed his token on the face down tile, he flipped it over and activated the Security Guardpost.

"Return all tokens on one occupied tile to their owners."

He said well there are no other player tokens on the board, so I don't want to do anything. I said sorry you have to get rid of one of your two tokens. He agreed.

Did we follow the rules correctly?

Great game BTW, and easy to explain the rules to non-hard core gamers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam H
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like you played it right. I took a look in the instructions and when it references playing or flipping a tile and placing your token on it it says to follow the directions on the tile; no optional language (such as "may" or similar) that I saw. This is also one of the risks you take in claiming a face down tile.

There are other tiles that aren't always in your benefit to follow the instructions on (like Stadium, etc) as well and you have to follow through on those ones. You can't just say "my guys don't like sports" and not go to the game. =)

Hope this helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.