Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Realm of Heroes» Forums » General

Subject: Realm of Heroes nominated for top 20 most anticipated games of 2015 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil Rudawski
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Hello everyone!

I wanted to point out that Realm of Heroes has been nominated for the "20 Most Anticipated Board Games of 2015". I have pasted the link below:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/182853/item/3594709#item35...

Please take a moment to show your support by thumbing up the entry.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rudman wrote:
Hello everyone!

I wanted to point out that Realm of Heroes has been nominated for the "20 Most Anticipated Board Games of 2015". I have pasted the link below:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/182853/item/3594709#item35...

Please take a moment to show your support by thumbing up the entry.

Gosh-a-rooney that's exciting!

I happened to notice that it was you who made that nomination:
Item for Geeklist "20 Most Anticipated Board Games of 2015 - NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED"

It seems the only other contribution you've ever made to BGG was a similar nomination for the game's publisher:
Item for Geeklist "Honest, Professional, On Time. Kickstarter Creators Hall of Fame"

I also see that you've given a grand total of 3 thumbs for geeklist items, 2 of them for your own nominations and the third for a nomination on that 2nd list for another game by the same publisher, and that you've given a grand total of 21 thumbs for images, all for those same two games.

It's great to have unbiased gamers like yourself here, spreading the word about the games you enjoy.
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BTW, the advertising rates here are quite reasonable. Shilling is free, but can have harmful side effects.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
Rudman wrote:
Hello everyone!

I wanted to point out that Realm of Heroes has been nominated for the "20 Most Anticipated Board Games of 2015". I have pasted the link below:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/182853/item/3594709#item35...

Please take a moment to show your support by thumbing up the entry.

Gosh-a-rooney that's exciting!

I happened to notice that it was you who made that nomination:
Item for Geeklist "20 Most Anticipated Board Games of 2015 - NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED"

It seems the only other contribution you've ever made to BGG was a similar nomination for the game's publisher:
Item for Geeklist "Honest, Professional, On Time. Kickstarter Creators Hall of Fame"

I also see that you've given a grand total of 3 thumbs for geeklist items, 2 of them for your own nominations and the third for a nomination on that 2nd list for another game by the same publisher, and that you've given a grand total of 21 thumbs for images, all for those same two games.

It's great to have unbiased gamers like yourself here, spreading the word about the games you enjoy.


As far as the Most Anticipated... Geeklist goes, it says right there in the rules that people involved in the game are encouraged to nominate their own stuff. It seems legit.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I don't see a problem with Rudman's comment, and promotion of Realm of Heroes. I'm looking forward to it myself, as I backed it on KS. I appreciate that he nominated it, and I voted for it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Rudawski
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I am confused??!?! I did not know I was not supposed to post a link to the nomination I gave.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rudman wrote:
I am confused??!?! I did not know I was not supposed to post a link to the nomination I gave.


You are fine. You did nothing wrong. In the future, it might help to disclose any connection you have with a game you nominate. But that's hardly the worth the effort by others of getting worked up about it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Randy Weston - The Spirits of Our Ancestors
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GreenLaborMike wrote:
[q="Rudman"]In the future, it might help to disclose any connection you have with a game you nominate.

Bingo. If you're here to promote your company's products, put something in your profile, get a publisher badge, whatever. Nobody minds that. It's the appearance of trying to fly under the radar that annoys me (and not only me). We're in an age of stealth marketing, and you'll do well to make clear that you're not part of that.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.