Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First time playing this haunt and a few questions came up. Didn't see anything in the FAQ so wondering if other people ran into this and how they handled it:

SPOILERS

How does the Airplane move? It has Speed 5. If I move into a room from somewhere else, then search for it, find it and start it, can I then fly out of the room with it's movement (effectively moving twice in one turn)? If two people are in the plane, does it move on both of their turns, or just one?

If Player A finds the plane, but does not start it, then Player B enters the room and starts the plane, is Player A in the plane, or does Player B need to pick them up?

If the Cat knocks the plane out of the air, are all players now outside the plane and need to re-enter (or get picked up)?

It looks like only the player being eaten by the cat can do 'a contest', anyone else has to just fight it with might. Is that right?

If you fight the cat with might, and lose, do you take damage?

The Traitor cannot attack the players, can the players attack the Traitor? If this causes the Traitor to kill a hero, does this mean he can't win (since it wasn't death by cat)?

What is considered a 'doorway' for movement? Are the arches on the foyer considered 'doorways'? What about stairs? What about secret paths?

All items function normally, but you can't draw cards. How does the puzzle box work? Does opening it still get you items? Can you still open the vault?

We ruled that the plane moves on the turn of the player with the highest speed. The traitor then decided the cat would only attack the player AFTER that player in turn order. I could start the plane, but I could not fight the cat (low might), so I had to wait until that player escaped, and then the cat just recaptured them on his turn. We got out of this loop by my attacking the cat and losing, so that I could reduce my speed enough that the other player could get on the plane on their turn and escape.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guyver FeroZ
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I move into a room from somewhere else, then search for it, find it and start it, can I then fly out of the room with it's movement (effectively moving twice in one turn)? If two people are in the plane, does it move on both of their turns, or just one?
Secrets of Survival wrote:
It will be on the ground until the next turn of the hero who started it. ... The hero who started the Airplane moves it on subsequent turns...

If Player A finds the plane, but does not start it, then Player B enters the room and starts the plane, is Player A in the plane, or does Player B need to pick them up?
Player A can enter the plane on his turn before the plane takes off

If the Cat knocks the plane out of the air, are all players now outside the plane and need to re-enter (or get picked up)?
They are effectively "outside"

It looks like only the player being eaten by the cat can do 'a contest', anyone else has to just fight it with might. Is that right?
Yes as I understand it.

If you fight the cat with might, and lose, do you take damage?
Not clear in the books but I think yes

The Traitor cannot attack the players, can the players attack the Traitor? If this causes the Traitor to kill a hero, does this mean he can't win (since it wasn't death by cat)?
Yes and Yes but he has a safety net of needing half the heroes +1

What is considered a 'doorway' for movement? Are the arches on the foyer considered 'doorways'? What about stairs? What about secret paths?
a doorway counts a 1 space. No they are not doorways. Stairs need a might 3+ to traverse. Secret paths are not doorways. (Rules As Written)

All items function normally, but you can't draw cards. How does the puzzle box work? Does opening it still get you items? Can you still open the vault? (RAW) No you do not get anything from the puzzle box. No as written in the books "You are not affected by the text of the Vault"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ah, just noticed I was playing 1st Edition. I guess this got fixed in second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guyver FeroZ
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The later edition books makes a lot of things clearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.