Wow!
mbmbmbmbmb
Which procedure is correct?

A)
- Everybody is taking their booty in decreasing order
- Everybody is placing his card in his den in decreasing order

OR

B)
- Highest rank is taking a booty and then placing his card in his den.
- Next highest rank do so.
- Lowest rank do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rajae aree
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
B is correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dieckmann
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes B is correct. It makes swords more useful, as you can kill someone just placed in the den with one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
So to make sure I understand, the moment a player takes the booty tile of their choice, they also at that very moment, bring in their character into the den?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
mb
darkbear wrote:
So to make sure I understand, the moment a player takes the booty tile of their choice, they also at that very moment, bring in their character into the den?

Essentially, yes. At dusk, you take a booty tile, and carry out its special action if it's a saber or Spanish Officer. Then you place your character card in your den (unless you took a Spanish Officer).

Then the next player takes their dusk actions.

(Note that you don't take a booty tile if there are none left or if you played the Cabin Boy, but of course you still place your character card in your den.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan McBee
Malta
Hamrun
flag msg tools
Thanks I don't know whether it makes a difference but I actually corrected a friend while we were playing last Saturday and told him to leave his character out until we all took our booty tiles. Actually, it does make a difference, because the later player who is "stuck" with a sabre actually now has more choices of target.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.