- 3x Rook
- 2x Deep Red
+ 2x Medium
+ 2x Imp
+ 2x Cyberfeeder
+ 2x Cyber Threat

All-Star: Grappling Hook
On the Chopping Block: Express Delivery

I've been running this deck for a few weeks now, and am comfortable enough that I know how to run it and am now looking for some tips on how to elevate it. The deck generally runs credit light, preferring to save up for key runs that matter vs running all over. Grappling Hook alone or with E3 makes for some nasty surprises for the Corp regarding scoring windows, as does Surge with Parasite or Darwin. Surge also makes it so that the Corp can't necessarily count on a scoring window after purging viruses so long as I have Darwin and D4VID.

Draw is ok...I have to click to draw quite a bit which is why I went with Express delivery. Money is tight but manageable. I've considered Stimhack over Cyber Threat, but brain damage hurts in my meta.

Best Matchup: Netdamage Jinteki.
Worst Matchup: Blue Sun

Thoughts? Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jardy koning
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
If your having trouble with draw i would suggest getting rid of express delivery and putting in inject.

you are kinda program heavy but deja vu mitigates that just fine in my experience.

its also gonna free up influence for other stuff.

just a thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
N7teslapunk wrote:
If your having trouble with draw i would suggest getting rid of express delivery and putting in inject.

you are kinda program heavy but deja vu mitigates that just fine in my experience.

its also gonna free up influence for other stuff.

just a thought.

Thanks! I haven't used Inject yet but it's been recommended to me and I think I'll give it a shot. I can then maybe toss in a legwork or try one of the puppy breakers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely try Inject, it's an awesome card. I would cut x3 Express Delivery (It's barely worth a x1 in-faction) and maybe x1 e3 Feedback Implants if you want more influence. Other changes:
- x2 Surge
- Cyber Threat
- x1 Queen's Gambit
- x2 Kati Jones
- x1/2 Knight (for mem reasons)
+ x1/2 Clone Chip
+ x3 Daily Casts
+ x1 Aesop's Pawnshop
+ x1 Armitage
+ x2 Grimoire
+ x2 Datasucker

It seems like you have too many programs for your memory allotment and use viruses, so I would definitely recommend Grimoire. Inject will make this deck a lot better and allow you to cut down on non-program redundancies. Clone chip is already good, but even better with Inject.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:
Definitely try Inject, it's an awesome card. I would cut x3 Express Delivery (It's barely worth a x1 in-faction) and maybe x1 e3 Feedback Implants if you want more influence. Other changes:
- x2 Surge
- Cyber Threat
- x1 Queen's Gambit
- x2 Kati Jones
- x1/2 Knight (for mem reasons)
+ x1/2 Clone Chip
+ x3 Daily Casts
+ x1 Aesop's Pawnshop
+ x1 Armitage
+ x2 Grimoire
+ x2 Datasucker

It seems like you have too many programs for your memory allotment and use viruses, so I would definitely recommend Grimoire. Inject will make this deck a lot better and allow you to cut down on non-program redundancies. Clone chip is already good, but even better with Inject.

Thanks, this sounds good. Pawnshop is the only one I'm curious about. Wouldn't an empty Imp be its only target?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeb
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
You found me!
badge
Hiss.
mbmbmbmbmb
There's also David, any programs you no longer need, Knight/Pawn to make way for Knight/Pawn and to get Pawn in the heap, Armitage, Daily Casts, plenty. Try it out and see how good it is.

Edit: I would also add x1 corroder for wraparounds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zebadiah wrote:

Edit: I would also add x1 corroder for wraparounds.

So far, no one puts them down because of Quetzal's ability or they wait until they can double stack them. By then I've usually had a Knight or D4Vid on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zeb, just wanted to say thanks for your tips. I cut 1 E3 and all the Express delivery for 3x Inject, 1 Clone Chip and 1 Aesop. I didn't have the guts to cut a Grappling Hook in order to get a 2nd Clone Chip.

Daily Casts came up huge, and Armitage was useful the one time I drew it. I'm not 100% sure on Grimoire yet. I was good half the time, and not sure it made a difference the the other half. I haven't even bothered installing Kati, so I may be able to free up some room there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.