Popular Tags: [View All]
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Lionel and I got things underway at about 5:00 with some Schotten-Totten, a game I had taught him a couple of weeks ago.

I swept the first game, five stones to none. I usually play the strategy of spreading out my stronger sets, so that the chance of my opponent getting a three-in-a-row breakthrough against me is lower. Of course, this means that my own chance of getting three in a row is pretty slim, too. So I got all the way to five stones without, as is not unusual for me, ever threatening three in a row.

In the second game, I picked up my hand only to find I had six cards that were six different colors! Not a promising start, but I took some chances and kept battling, and we went all the way to the bottom of the deck with the score tied four all. Our forces were depleted on both sides, and I just managed to squeeze out a win with a lowly 4-5-6 straight for the last stone.

That was as close as Lionel got, as I drew the right cards to finish him off in the third game, too, though we did go all the way through the deck before settling it.

A good game which I'm sure he'll beat me at someday....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.