United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
Last Night, we had Richie and Kevin come. As well as Valerie and Myself.

We decided to play Pirates Cove, it's only Richie's second "euro" game ever. And the game is pretty good light fun the first several times you play it. Plus, Talk Like a Pirate day was just a week ago after all.

Anyway, after explaining the rules, off we went.

Richie and Kevin started off well, while Valerie and Myself ended up trying to go to the same islands the first few turns. Ending in devastating battles to start the game for Val after I sent her ships to Davy Jones Locker.

Kevin Slowly worked on his ship in seclusion trying to build it into a formidible force with the help of a parrot, while Richie stayed at Tavern Island and got drunk and scored some booty (Not treasures but the other kind).

Toward the middle of the game. Kevin got locked into an epic battle with Valerie at one of the outer islands, Although Kevin clearly had more firepower, Valerie's aim was truer and she ended up knocking out his parrot and sending Kevin to Pirate's Cove for repairs.

It was about this time that I thought I might take a shot at the Flying Dutchman, which the crows nest reported had moored off of crew island. I sailed toward the dutchman. Took one volley in which every die thrown by the Dutchman hit. And left the island without firing a single shot.

Toward the end of the game the scores at the top had tightened up. Most of the sailors had buried the significant portion of their treasure and were already dreaming of their retirements. Kevin fell a little short when he attempted to attack the Dutchman for the fame, but mistakenly sailed to the wrong island. Esentially costing him a turn.

Richie had added a parrot to his repetoire as well and had built himself a might fine vessel. Though his fame was a little short. On the last turn of the game. Richie and Kevin went to dispatch the Dutchman, By the time the combat was over Richie's formidable armada was the only one standing and the ensuing fame from dispatching the enemy pirate put his fame on par with another pirate of those waters... me.

So it was a final battle to the death. Basically my ship. Vs Richie's Parrot. In the end. The Parrot rolling six dice combined with Richie's surgical strikes on my crew lowering my firing capacity were too much to overcome and Richie was declared the most famous pirate in all the land... Well, until next time at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.