GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

B-17: Queen of the Skies» Forums » General

Subject: Computer version of B17: QotS (Screenshots, DEMO download) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marc Hickey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Hello, all.

I've spent the last several days collecting assets for "B-17: Queen of the Skies" to make a computer version.

So far, I've been able to make all the pieces (except the mission charts) and have them movable around the screen, plus be able to manipulate the zoom and camera position and such. As it is currently, you could use this to play a game with by doing everything manually, but you would need the rules and tables, dice, and records charts.

I plan on including these items and making this a manually playable game. I intend on making an automated version, and then perhaps a version with animations and such.

Here's some screenies:

And here's the build so far if you want to try it out:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46956737/B17_QotS/B17_Qu...

I've included a readme in the zip. Be sure to read it for more info.
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron Wells
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Nice job.
Ever try playing on Vassal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei Jen Seah
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is stunning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, a tabletop game on a table top. Very good idea.

Argh, won't work on my chromebox. Need to pull out the windows laptop.... yuck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait for the automated version.
as for animations, neat, but very low priority I think.
besides, you wouldn't want to spill oil on your table. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Hickey
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone! It's nice to see interest - it makes me more excited to work on it. "B17: Queen Of The Skies" was a fun game for me when I was in my teens and I've wanted to automate the game since I began game developing as a hobby.

Mr_Bluze wrote:
Nice job.
Ever try playing on Vassal?

Hi, Mr_Bluze. I have checked out Vassal, several years ago. I recall it was somewhat confusing. I'm making this to hopefully recreate the tabletop experience while making the ease of use a top priority. I want the player to be able to start up the game and be led right through the steps of playing, whether they are brand new to the game or an experienced veteran. It's also very important to me to maintain the original look and feeling of the game, in at least one version.

moonglum01 wrote:
Argh, won't work on my chromebox. Need to pull out the windows laptop.... yuck.

Eventually, I'm going to try porting this to HTML5 and make it available to play in a web browser for all the non-windows folks out there.

I suppose I should start blogging about this, instead of filling up these forum threads. haha! I'll post a blog link as soon as I get something going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ron Wells
United States
Savage
Minnesota
flag msg tools
HayManMarc wrote:
I have checked out Vassal, several years ago.

Marc,
Depending on how long ago you played in Vassal the latest module, 3.9 was added on July 30 2012. The original Vassal version you could clone the B-17, attach a label to each plane and have three different planes flying the same mission.

What I like about your game is is as though I have the game spread out on my kitchen table, very realistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
novato novato
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
was playing with your demo, nice work thank you. Mostly i play with Felipe's b17 files. Any way to update to that maps/charts/counters?

thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Tate
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is great! I really look forward to seeing how this develops.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tesler
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Hooraaaay! Everybunny's finally here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a way to change the resolution? The game's screen is way too big to use on my laptop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.