GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,522 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Fledgling Gaming Group rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory Jones
United States
Waco
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have played 7 Wonders, Ticket To Ride, Dominion, Resistance: Avalon and King of Tokyo and have enjoyed all of them.

It would help if it can play 2-6 or even 7. Time constraint is 45 minutes to 1 hour per game - lots of short attention spans in the group. If you think of a must-play that lasts over an hour, you'll have to persuade me why it is so awesome.

Thanks in advance. You people are awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Afif Ter
Malaysia
UEP Subang Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Evolution this supports 2-6 and should play quick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max
United States
Fuquay Varina
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Reign of Fire
badge
Bombs Away! Mission 9.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since your group already knows and likes TtR, consider getting Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia, the team variant plays 6 and is one of my favorite ways to play TtR.

Some other games:

Survive: Escape from Atlantis! (+Survive: Escape from Atlantis! 5-6 Player Mini Expansion)

One Night Ultimate Werewolf

King of New York

Forbidden Desert

Alhambra

Memoir '44 (+Memoir '44: Operation Overlord)

Though I wouldn't play it with more than 4, I can't not reccomend my favorite game, Alien Frontiers. Though I prefer the long game, you can tailor the game how you want by setting the number of colonies required for the end game. (6 colonies makes for about an hour long game with experienced players, your first few games will be on the longer side as you learn various strategies.)

A final suggestion, my group has found that it is generally better to split into 2 or more groups when 6 or more people show up for a game night, best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if the group has a short attention span, do you really need more games? If you buy more games, then that is more rules to learn. Why not just play the games you have so you don't have to teach more rules and so that your group gets better at the games you own? You'll also save money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mads Fløe
Denmark
Aarhus C
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Las Vegas + (highly recommended) expansion Las Vegas Boulevard

It has some interesting decisions each turn, which involve risk assesment and 'push your luck' (as you would be familiar with from King of Tokyo) and area control (like Ticket to Ride). The best thing though, is that with the expansion, you actually get something like 10 (don't remember the exact number) different expansions that you can add or remove from the game as you like. This gives the game a lot of variabillity (like Dominion).

You should check it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Jones
United States
Waco
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I mostly just want to add games with new mechanics to the list. I don't think we'll add more than 2 more games, but with just a slightly larger variety of games I think the crew will be more willing to play more often

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Bennetts
United Kingdom
Wellington
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dixit, though I'd personally go with Dixit Odyssey, will fit your criteria quite nicely. It has completely different mechanics to your other games, will play up to 12 players quite neatly though I find it works very well with 5-8 and plays in 30-45 minutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.