GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,016 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Did we really just pull this off? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tan
United States
South San Francisco
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
There is only one choice and the brave make it. Fly from the path.
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend we played with 6 players. In the first game we played, the troublemaker had in the middle of the night switched Aaron and Jason’s card.

Aaron told the group that he started as the werewolf, which meant Jason was now the werewolf! This was verified by the seer, we immediately called for a vote, and the villagers picked up an easy win.

Another player, Royce, mentions that it'd be a brilliant play for one werewolf to claim to be a troublemaker, and lie that he switched his accomplice werewolf’s card with a villager. The other werewolf could then admit to being the werewolf, and throw the “switched” villager under the bus. Too bad we could never try it out with each other since we just talked about it. He was even willing to pay out a free lunch if we pulled it off sometime without him calling us out on it.

We all agree that the last game was too easy, and start another game. I wake up as a werewolf and make eye contact with my fellow werewolf Aaron. He glances meaningfully at Royce and I immediately give him a thumbs up and nod. We go back to sleep, the rest of the roles are called, and we all wake up. During the ensuing discussion, I casually mention that I'm the troublemaker and that I switched Aaron and Royce. Aaron then admits he was the werewolf.

We call on the seer to confirm, but Jason, the Seer, didn't check any of the three cards involved in this act of deception. He also didn't check the true Troublemaker at the table who had been oddly quiet. Eventually Rob, the true troublemaker, speaks up and claims to be the Troublemaker. The werewolves immediately jump on him for not speaking up sooner. We interrogate him relentlessly on why he didn't speak up sooner and who he switched. He starts tripping over his tongue and says that he was tired and forgot that he was the Troublemaker. We all murmur in disbelief, and even discuss the possibility of him being the tanner.

Clearly, the only safe choice is to vote for Royce, who we “knew” to be switched with a werewolf. We stop the timer, and immediately vote for him. He sighs, wonders out loud if the game might be too easy for the villagers, and flips his card over expecting to see a werewolf...only to find his original villager role staring back at him.

I immediately flip my werewolf card, and let out a triumphant "AWOOOOOOOO!". The true troublemaker really was just tired, and plain forgot his role. The werewolves high five, and the whole table collapses onto the floor in a heap of raucous laughter. Royce just sits there dumbfounded. After we regain our composure, I pat him on the shoulder and ask, “So, where are we having lunch?”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Bright
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is awesome. Have some geekgold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
It's stories like this that make the game one of my favorites. The wins are sweet, the losses are bitter, and the stories are priceless!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
The Drunk messes with all of this. You gotta put him in when there's Troublemaker!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tan
United States
South San Francisco
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
There is only one choice and the brave make it. Fly from the path.
mbmbmbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
The Drunk messes with all of this. You gotta put him in when there's Troublemaker!

The drunk was quite appropriately face down on the table, useless to the villagers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rADdKqPNdaM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
I gotta say, I was really hoping the punchline here was that the real TM had made the exact same switch, and was just playing dumb and letting the werewolves team up on a werewolf. Now THAT would be a sweet victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D.M. Jones
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
...before I forget.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have been sweet, but, given the prop-bet, less filling (for the OP).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.