GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,458 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
31 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Discussing Retailers

Subject: Warning for spielmaterial.de rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have had a very bad experience with purchasing material from http://www.spielmaterial.de/ I am warning fellow geeks from ordering from them. They are a mayor hassle. Sends wrong items, in wrong quantities. Doesn't resolve the problem easily and creates a loot of work for you. http://www.meeplesource.com/ is a much better place to buy things and their customer support is great. I strongly recommend that you pay with paypall and dont trust spielmaterial if you must buy items from them. This is little bit sad since spielmaterial has a largy supply of items that is nice to have and I dont know if any other company has their items for sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that.

I ordered once from spielmaterial, no problems at all.

This reminds me that I should order new zipper storage bags soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiai Weidemann
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not ordered from speilmaterial.de but have had a great experience with http://www.meeplesource.com/ and http://www.printplaygames.com/ .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♬♪♪ ♫ ♩ ♫♫♪ ♩♬♪ ♫
Australia
MURRUMBEENA
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
All reality is a game. Physics at its most fundamental, the very fabric of our universe, results directly from the interaction of certain fairly simple rules, and chance... (Iain Banks)
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from spielmateriel several times, in English, from Australia. No problems at all, and extremely helpful answering questions. I think you must have been very unlucky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from Spielmaterial multiple times. Some of my orders were quite complex and involved many, many items in odd quantities. I've never experienced any problems, and questions regarding particular items have been answered swiftly. One time I had two orders in short succession, and I asked them if it was possible to combine the two orders to avoid paying shipping twice. This was no problem, and I received a single package with all the bits inside. Another time I even received an extra bag of goodies (surplus bits, I suppose), which I though was a nice touch.

The only complaint I've ever had, was regarding their punch-out blank cards playing cards, which are not very good. I suppose that's a complaint with the item, not the company, though.

9.5/10, would order from them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lee
Switzerland
Near Zürich (Kloten)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here, only good expirience so far. My orders were delivered fast and well secured.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Discussing Retailers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My experiene with speilmaterial.de has been nothing but excellent. From single items (of trivial value such as €0.20) to much larger orders.

Now, I will say something though: I have found most German retailers to have a different "user experience" (to use a horrible Americanism) to that which we have been hegemonised to think of as the only valid paradigm by e.g. Amazon.

If you work with their (German) model as opposed to thinking that they must comply to (y)our expectations as designed by e.g. Amazon, then you will have a happy result.

to

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harald Mücke
Germany
Mönchengladbach
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
This is absolutely unacceptable! Are you out of your mind?

First of all, you are "forgetting" to say that you are holding back items from us with a worth of more than 100 EUR and that you are blackmailing us for 100 EUR for sending these items back! You further demand to send over a cardboard box, filling material, adhesive tape etc. and money for a taxi and so on... In a first mail you speak of 1,000 EUR that woud cost you the sending.

You are also even not willing to pick out from the send two orders (that have accidentally been mixed together) the things you ordered ?!

How shall we deal with such kind of customer? It is so obvious that you are trying to make money with this. I never have experienced such behaviour in more than 20 years of being in the business.

Whoever does business with us knows that we are a reliable source and do everything possible when it comes to packing failures or parcels missing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This has taken an interesting turn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to add my comment of support for spielmaterial.
I buy in (relatively small amounts of) stock to retail on my stand at shows in Britain and have found them to be good suppliers.
They are not perfect - but nobody is!
I will not hesitate to order more stock from them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norwegian Singbird
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
Tzer wrote:
This has taken an interesting turn

The taxi does sound kind of wild even for a BGG case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bijan Ajamlou
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spielmaterial wrote:
This is absolutely unacceptable! Are you out of your mind?

First of all, you are "forgetting" to say that you are holding back items from us with a worth of more than 100 EUR and that you are blackmailing us for 100 EUR for sending these items back! You further demand to send over a cardboard box, filling material, adhesive tape etc. and money for a taxi and so on... In a first mail you speak of 1,000 EUR that woud cost you the sending.

You are also even not willing to pick out from the send two orders (that have accidentally been mixed together) the things you ordered ?!

How shall we deal with such kind of customer? It is so obvious that you are trying to make money with this. I never have experienced such behaviour in more than 20 years of being in the business.

Whoever does business with us knows that we are a reliable source and do everything possible when it comes to packing failures or parcels missing...

I am not holding back items, I agreed on giving them back. You are holding back items from me. I have payed you for items I have not received. I received on the mail a loot of stuff I didn't order and dont want. I provided pictures of them and a picture of the order itself. You had packed it poorly so the packaging material was damaged.

You wanted me to send them to you and I would pay the post fee and then you would pay me later. I dont want to do that and want the money beforehand so I dont take any risks and I dont want to put out the money in advance since its not a smal amount for me. So I asked you to send me the items I have payed for, include a prepaid mail and new packaging material and I would send the things I got back. But You started Insulting me and saying I am poor.

I asked for 100Euro, there was some confusion because I first asked for 1000kr and mixed the currencies. I asked for 100euro since you had on your order charged 60 euro for shipping so i figured that would be what it would cost. In addition You give me a loot of work that I have not asked for.

What did you send me? Among other things 1000 black disk that you charge 60 euro for, and a game fresh fish that you charge 34 euro for. Seriously? I am trying to hold back that garbage? I was hoping you would ask me to trash it. I feel sorry for the customer you sell that kind of junk to. You can buy curtain rod for 3 euro and chop it upp yourself.. And that game i can find here in a local store for 5 euro

Many times you asked me to count things that match my order and tell you so you can send me the difference. But I send you the order form you send me and you have it already. Why do you want me to do all the work? Its far easier and much less error prone that I send everything in the wrong package back and that you send me the things I ordered. I dont want to do your work. In my order I ordered many different items in different amounts, in the items I got some of them matched but they where not in the amounts I ordered. So go through everything would take time and have us creating a extra order with the difference and since you have problem sending one order right creating another one would just add to the confusion!

This is creating a loot of extra work for me thats why I asked you to compensate me little bit if you want me to go through the hassle of going to town finding packaging material, package it and posting things back. You can easily order DHL pickup at my doorstep instead. But you dont want to do that instead you want me to do a loot of work because you made a mistake.

So there where 3 alternatives for sending them back:
1. You give me packaging material and a prepayed mail. and I send it back.
2. You order DHL Pickup (or a service like it)
3. You give me 100euro and I will buy packaging material and send it to you.

I turned to paypal to get protected from your scam behavior and find a resolution. And they asked me to go to the police because what you are doing is illegal. I mailed you again and asked to resolve this and I hope this ridiculousness get resolved. I must add that the things i ordered I ned them before Christmas as I have stated and now they lose their value for me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I ask whatever happened in the end.
Was it a happy ending?

Context: I want to buy something from the shop website and saw this thread. Now I am intrigued

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hisalamander wrote:
Was it a happy ending?

Context: I want to buy something from the shop website and saw this thread. Now I am intrigued
Go ahead and buy with confidence. Problems are rare (but they do happen) and if you work with the in the event of a problem it'll all work out fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hisala Mander
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
hisalamander wrote:
Was it a happy ending?

Go ahead and buy with confidence. Problems are rare (but they do happen) and if you work with the in the event of a problem it'll all work out fine.

Oh sorry I should clarify. I have all plans in ordering from them. I am now trying to find places closer to Australia that may be cheaper (no luck thus far). Do you know any?

I was just more interested in the story because it took a sideways turn and ended on three year season finale cliffhanger

Thanks for response though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please think twice before ordering from spielmaterial.
I am currently during the second month of struggle to get my money back.
They have received several emails, but only replied once after a month. I sent them a photo evidence of misshapen, miscolored and even rotten wood pieces and after that they stopped responding at all...
They also received a message where they were informed I'm executing my right to cancel the order and have cost refunded, but this was also ignored.

Remember that once you give them your money and anything will be wrong with your package (which is notorious with their products), you are very unlikely to get any of them back. Especialy from outside of Germany.

IF anything will be done to make things right by them, I will of course update my post but I'm quickly starting to lose hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MAGE Company
msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered several times from them. Yes there are some issues, they are quite slow but at the end I get the stuff.

Maybe you could try to contact them via social media
if they have, just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip but I did try all the channels sadly - and I know they are getting my emails. They just stopped responding once I sent them (detailed) photos of damaged and/or horrible quality goods I got from them and asked for a refund.
It seems they are trying to sell damaged goods to smaller clients, because there's nothing a small customer can do if they don't cooperate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Wilson
England
DARLINGTON
Co Durham
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a little surprised by all this.
I was a small trade customer (now all but closed down) placing, probably, 1-2 orders per year and had no significant problems. There were occasionally a few misshaped pieces and the odd wrong piece in a batch, and, once some 'weeples' instead of 'meeples' but the few extras in each batch (e.g. 205 when 200 were ordered) compensated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Pollard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel I have to add my quick story here... I recently ordered some counter trays from spielmaterial.de. The delivery was prompt, but there was a small error with mixed up quantities of the 2 types I ordered (too many standard, not enough deep dish).

I contacted them and they immediately shipped the missing deep dish trays without question, and did not even ask for the excess standard trays to be returned.

A small order, a small problem - but very happy with the response and service from spielmaterial.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kamil M.
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well finally got my refund - better late than never.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C. Martinez
Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I received my order from Spielmaterial missing an item (one of the games, so not just bits). It's the first time they messsed up after a few orders I placed with them.

I have e-mailed (both their accounts), messaged on BGG and also opened a claim on Paypal. So far they only replied on Paypal asking me to cancel my claim or they would not act.

Right now I canceled my claim and waiting for their feedback... will keep a record here, for either good or bad ending for my story. Fingers crossed :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moray Johnson
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragos_br wrote:

I have e-mailed (both their accounts), messaged on BGG and also opened a claim on Paypal. So far they only replied on Paypal asking me to cancel my claim or they would not act.

Right now I canceled my claim and waiting for their feedback... will keep a record here, for either good or bad ending for my story. Fingers crossed

Canceling your claim is the worst thing you can do. AFAIK, with cancelling your claim you just lost the ability to reopen the case in case they do nothing.

It's a tactic often employed by scammers and asking you to do it is at the very least incredibly shady.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kreps
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You received the order today and have already filed a claim with Paypal? That's a rather extreme reaction. Filing a claim with Paypal (or your credit card) is what you do if the vendor won't communicate or provide resolution!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.