GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,370 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 59, not 54. Think about it:

1xGovernment Takeover
6x3 pointers

That's 24 agenda points right there. Up until now the lowest density you could manage was a 49-card deck with 7 agenda cards. Well, now you can still play with 7 agenda cards except in a 59 card deck. This could be huge for an all-out tag & bag deck with flatline as its major (if not only) win condition. Also, having so few agendas alleviates some of the risk of Government Takeover being stolen with another agenda. And if the runner only steals Government Takeover then no amount of Plascretes in the world would save him from 2x(if not 3x)Punitive Counterstrike.

P.S. You can play Daily Business Show (which is only 1 influence) to improve your draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
a bigger deck means you are much less likely to get punitive counterstrike, let alone more than one of them.

Drop back to 49 cards, and you are much more likely to win, adding more cards doesn't really change the odds of them stealing agendas. You might aswell just drop the 9/6 and put two 5/3s back in if you are worried about them stealing the 9/6 and another agenda.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
kroen wrote:
Yes, 59, not 54. Think about it:

1xGovernment Takeover
6x3 pointers

That's 24 agenda points right there. Up until now the lowest density you could manage was a 49-card deck with 7 agenda cards. Well, now you can still play with 7 agenda cards except in a 59 card deck. This could be huge for an all-out tag & bag deck with flatline as its major (if not only) win condition. Also, having so few agendas alleviates some of the risk of Government Takeover being stolen with another agenda. And if the runner only steals Government Takeover then no amount of Plascretes in the world would save him from 2x(if not 3x)Punitive Counterstrike.

P.S. You can play Daily Business Show (which is only 1 influence) to improve your draw.

It certainly is an excuse to try it, but it's too soon to say if it's worth it or not. A suite of 6 3 pointers and 1 six pointer is very difficult to wield. If the runner gets the barest whiff of what you are doing, it will be very easy to foil you by making only scoring runs. Certainly Daily business show paired with Executive boot camp is tempting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Freeman
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Government Takeover + The Board + All 1 Pointers in Atlus Security.

Play Kenny Loggins and put on your shades, because you are headed to the DANGER ZONE!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:
And if the runner only steals Government Takeover then no amount of Plascretes in the world would save him from 2x(if not 3x)Punitive Counterstrike.

Good luck finding your 2*Punitive Counterstrikes at exactly the right time in your 59 card deck (especially with no Project Atlases)!

Personally I doubt a .4% drop in agenda density (11.8% compared to 12.2% by playing 6 agenda in 49) is worth the massive drop in consistency of adding 10 more cards, unless you're not dependent on finding specific cards - but most tag and bag decks have exactly that dependency.

And don't forget you're introducing the chance that you're now introducing the chance that a runner only needs to find two of your seven agenda, not all three.

Interesting idea, but my feeling is it won't work. Still, give it a try and find out for sure!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
kroen wrote:
Up until now the lowest density you could manage was a 49-card deck with 7 agenda cards.

False. 59-card decks with 8 agenda cards are lower density and have been possible since Genesis.

The difference between a 59-card deck with Government Takeover and a 49-card deck with Government Takeover is the same as the difference between a 59-card deck without Government Takeover and a 49-card deck without Government Takeover.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
salty53 wrote:
kroen wrote:
Up until now the lowest density you could manage was a 49-card deck with 7 agenda cards.

False. 59-card decks with 8 agenda cards are lower density and have been possible since Genesis.

The difference between a 59-card deck with Government Takeover and a 49-card deck with Government Takeover is the same as the difference between a 59-card deck without Government Takeover and a 49-card deck without Government Takeover.

Math'd!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duncan Flint
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question I find with this deck (and game) is are,you playing to win at all costs, or have fun? A 59 card deck is possibly "bad" from a maths point of view, but itd certainly be fun. Think of all the hanky combos you can TRY and pull off. All the weird ICE combos. When my copy arrives I'm gonna try and build it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Dom
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
I did this by accident just trying to stay within my 49 card limit building a glacier deck with the discount ICE and the rest of the ICE being advancement ICE and builders. I think I splashed Matrix Analysers as well. Then I added the asset that moves the counters on your ICE so once the dicount ICE are rezzed they can be moved to strengthen or discount others. I stayed away from 3 pointers though. I went with The Board and all other one pointers that were 3 to advance.

EDIT: You can always guard The Board with another one waiting to be rezzed behind another glacier so that the first one trashes before the runner accesses. Or run Gagarin (ID), Ash (upgrade), Awakening center (upgrade). All sorts of options

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.