Hide
8 Posts

Dixit» Forums » General

Subject: favorite expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tal R
msg tools
what is your favorite expansion? and why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert R
United States
Smithfield
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I had to pick a favorite, based on the artist, how much I love the cards, and the reactions from other players, I would say Dixit Origins. The only one I don't own is the newest one, Daydreams.

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/145325/dixit-ori...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think base box had the best illustrations. If anything, the next one by Marie Cardouat, which is, I think, called Dixit 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justus
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
I still think base box had the best illustrations. If anything, the next one by Marie Cardouat, which is, I think, called Dixit 2.

I haven't seen the last couple but I prefer Dixit 1+2, and dislike Dixit Odessey, while appreciating Dixit Journey. The latest release looks pretty sweet, but I haven't played with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Dembowski
Poland
Wroclaw
none
flag msg tools
I'd say Dixit 2/Dixit Quest, as it is by the original artist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert Vinaskov
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played or owned them all. Note that I never mix expansions when playing: I don't like mixing the different styles.

Sorted from favorite to least favorite.

Dixit (the original). We played the heck out of this when this first came out. Lots of cards hold sentimental value, and have nicknames. If I had to choose objectively, I'd probably choose Dixit 5. (but the whole point of dixit is not choosing objectively, so there )

Dixit 5: Daydreams. The one with the subdued colors. It has lots of animals, which I'm crazy about. There aren't many "sterile" cards, they all have emotions.

Dixit 3 Journey: The one with the really clean computergraphics. This one is just really different. That's why I like it. No dreamy or fuzzy cards, no fairytales.

Dixit Oddysey. Lots of steampunk elements. Lots of white rabbits. Feels a bit creepy even. The illustrations of other sets may be better, but the strangeness of this set makes up for it.

Dixit 4 Origins: Also computergraphics, but not really. Lots of "sterile" cards, by which I mean "random monster or random shape" cards that don't really stimulate my imagination. I often takes 10 seconds to really get what's going on on some cards, and the set is lacking in "love at first sight" cards.

Dixit 2 Quest: By the same illustrator as Dixit 1. Not bad at all, but it feels like these are the cards that didn't make the cut for Dixit 1. Since I don't mix expansions, I'd rather have a set that chooses a different direction instead of more-of-the-same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jones
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish the cards had little symbols on them so you could mix the sets and then easily separate them again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Wood
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer cards NOT by the original artist and so do my friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.