Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
More folks arrived, so we split the groups up. And 5 of us elected to play El Grande. We played just the “basic” game - no expansions involved.

I had sole possession of the province of Galicia with 2 men and my El Grande for almost the entire first half of the game. Coupled with some convenient scoring cards, I managed to score quite a few points with that province, and at one point in the game, had a fairly nice lead.

Unfortunately, that also made me the main target in the first half of the game. And yes, I crashed miserably!

Tony “Lord of the Underworld” did very well for his first “meaty” game with the Terminal City Gamers, and finished in 2nd place. We are a little concerned about that nickname. We’re not sure, but I think he said his last name was “Baritone”, or something like that. And he’s in Waste Management. Hmmmm.....

At the end of the game, Joe made a faux pas. A little boo-boo if you will. With his secret decoder wheel, Joe had chosen to place his 5 men from the Castillo in the same province where the King was. That of course is a no-no. The King will simply not abide new company. So we took those 5 men of Joe’s and hurled them across the room, just to drive the lesson home.

Unfortunately 3 of them were killed by the race cars in the game of Detroit-Cleveland Grand Prix that was going on at the other table. One lodged in Rick’s ear (you must speak very LOUDLY to Rick now), and the last one is stuck in one of the ceiling tiles. Joe won’t be doing that again, let me assure you.

Anyhow, by the end of the game, David had wheedled his way to the top, and took a very convincing win. Way to go, David!

El Grande is a terrific game. It really ought to get played more often. Not that Jeff doesn’t try...he brings it just about every session. Just keep doing that, Jeff!

Sometimes I think we should play the same game once a week during several sessions in a row (say, we already do that with Puerto Rico!). El Grande would make a fine candidate for that.

Final scores:
El Grande David - *85*
Lord of the Underworld Tony - 76
Half-Caf DeCaf with a Twist Jeff - 72
El Shrimpo Dan - 69
El Boo-Boo Joe - 60

Ratings: (eat your heart out, Puerto Rico!)
David - 10. Yes, 10. El perfecto!
Tony - 9
Jeff - 9
Joe -9
Dan -9.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.