Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Taylor
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you cast the spell to place Baba Yaga's house over a tile, do you then remove the house tile when it comes back to your turn as the active player? My 6-year-old-son cried fowl (no pun intended) when the house tile that he placed didn't end up hurting anyone but himself later in the game. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthieu BONIN
France
Villeurbanne
flag msg tools
publisher
I no longer work for IELLO.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lioninwait wrote:
When you cast the spell to place Baba Yaga's house over a tile, do you then remove the house tile when it comes back to your turn as the active player? My 6-year-old-son cried fowl (no pun intended) when the house tile that he placed didn't end up hurting anyone but himself later in the game. Thanks!
I'm sorry for your son, but unfortunately, that's how the game works: once in-play, the House tile stays until the end.
Anyway, the player placing it should know what's underneath, and can avoid the tiles he needs for the spells he failed before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Taylor
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That's what I thought, but it can be tough arguing with a 6-year-old (especially one that feels slighted).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
France
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To be more specific, If the ingredient on the back of that Forest tile is one of those the player sought, leave the Forest tile Ingredient-side-up, and don’t put the House tile back onto it. Return the House tile out of the playing area.

Otherwise, turn the Forest tile over again to be Forest-side up, and put the House tile on it again to hide it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.