Eugenio -
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are Huorns dealt Shadow cards when attacking via forced effects, such as that of the Angry Huorn? I ruled not, since the rulebook specifies SC are dealt at the beginning of the combat phase (and hinder rules specifies enemies with hinder are not dealt SCs during that phase) but I feel like I missed something since there are cards in the "Into Fangorn" encounter set which have a shadow effect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ 1.6

(1.26) Enemy attacks outside of the combat phase
If an enemy attacks outside of the combat phase, it is still dealt a shadow card at the beginning of the attack. Then follow the 4 steps under Phase 6 “Combat” in the rules. Any shadow cards dealt to the attacking enemy are discarded after the attack resolves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugenio -
Italy
Livorno
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, you were quick! Thank you!
I searched the FAQ for it but not too well it seems, now those cards make some sense (it's not like I'm playing that quest again anytime soon though, the encounter deck for that one is a bit too predictable).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.