Subject: Epic thunderstone guardians rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone got an idea how to get these into games of epic. Also treasures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Since the dungeon must still be constructed to restrict it to a set number of monster cards, and a Thunderstone Bearer mixed in, it should be easy to also mix in a Guardian per the normal rules. Same goes for treasures, although these could just be randomly shuffled with all your monster cards, to show up as they wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Baltuttis
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
I mix guardians with thunderstone bearers before game setup and treat them equally. I choose a single guardian at random before play. Whoever shows up is treated as the thunderstone bearer and goes to the bottom of the dungeon.
You can even take those pesky 8 and 7 victory point monsters and mix 'em with your guardians and thunderstone bearers and ban all other copies from the dungeon. That makes for a more balanced dungeon where monsters aren't worth twice as much as the thunderstone bearer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Swan
Ireland
Dublin 18
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks. Both great ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Andrews
Australia
Burwood East
Victoria
flag msg tools
I mixed in the guardians with the level 3 monsters.

I split my treasure into 2 sets. Set 1 got mixed with the Level 1 monsters, and set 2 got mixed with the Level 2 monsters.

The Thunderstone Guardians are separate to add in 1 with 4 level 3 monsters to go to the bottom of the dungeon deck.

Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kevin moore
msg tools
I have 5 guardians and 6 treasure cards in my collection (WC,ITA,COB)

I randomly added the treasure and guardians into the monster decks evenly.

1 guardian and 2 treasures in the level one deck
2 guardians and 2 treasures in the level two deck
2 guardians and 2 treasures in the level three deck

all before setup then build the dungeon deck as normal then you don't know if the cards are going to show up or not.

Treasure are used according to the COB rules.

Hope this helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.