Popular Tags: [View All]
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a box for Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men from them at www.daedalusproductionsinc.com.

I received an automated email after my card was charged saying my order was being processed, but that's the only communication I've received so far. This was Friday 12/5/14 and I paid for 2-3 day shipping.

I tried to reply to that email asking for a status, the email was returned undeliverable.
I tried emailing their info@daedalusproductionsinc.com...undeliverable.
I tried their "Contact Us" form on their website yesterday...no response yet.
I've tagged them in twitter and posted to their facebook asking for a response...none as of yet.

I'm not mad, a little frustrated, but I'd like to get a response so I know everything is going smoothly and see when to expect the box. Their products look really nice, and I'm excited about getting my dice masters stuff organized.

Has anyone else done business with them, or know them?

Thanks,

Chip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben McClellan
United States
Brunswick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are in the process of shipping rewards for a Kickstarter project (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1423026450/daedalus-qui...).

It might just be they're overwhelmed at the moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ben, that's understandable.

Like I said, I'm not upset, just making sure everything was okay with my order submission.

I've backed a lot of projects (not this one, didn't know about it). Some of them (Robotech, Arena Rex, and Camp Grizzly) lend a vote that it should be renamed Kickbuttster because it beats the project team down pretty bad. LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sataranji
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Did you try the email address listed at the top of their page?

b.hillyard@daedalusproductionsinc.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Schulz
United States
Hillsboro
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed on the Kickstarter note. I think backers of the kickstarter would be pissed to find out they could go and buy it from the website and get it much faster than if they backed the kickstarter. Though it seems like they should make some effort to communicate to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Satar: Yes, I tried that address, no reply.

@Jared: I ordered a different product from them, not the one their kickstarter covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Lindoo
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
Hi Chip,

I ordered an insert late November and just contacted Daedalus this past week to get an update. I ordered from their website, not the kickstarter, and have only received a receipt of purchase. I've tried all addresses as well and haven't heard anything. I'm frustrated, too. The insert was meant to be a Christmas present and I saw nothing on the site indicating they were having trouble getting orders out!

Good luck! Let me know if you hear anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do, Amanda. Please do the same.

How did you try to contact them? Did they reply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Lindoo
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I tried the "Contact us" chat box in the lower right corner. I also tried their Contact Us page. I was going to try calling but I don't see a phone number anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
White Rabbit
Canada
Qc
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Well, Ibacked e KS and I think Ben is litterally over his head with the KS. The November orders are just being shipped now as the demand was much much higher than anticipated. He said though that the next waves should not be hindered by this (aka no pushovers from what I understand). This being said, I don t know when you'll receive your order as thw KS did include the Marvel vs Xmen dice masters box and there is a lineup for some months to come from the KS queue (which I presume would get their copies first).

All this being said, I am not Mr Hillyard, so I can t answer for him, but the guy seems like a genuine good guy from the small conversations we had. Just a VERY BUSY (read 25hrs a day kinda busy) guy. I'm sure he'll answer your questions when he gets to your email (Some of mine took many days to get answered, but they all got answered in due time in the end, to my satisfaction also!).

Hope this helps you guys keep your calm (as the poster says ).

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just received a response from Ben @daedalus.

He is a stand up businessman and after their Kickstarter fulfillment is done I WILL be ordering more product from him.

Any businessman that shows the professionalism he did in his email is truly worthy of our gaming dollars.

I just wanted to close this discussion with praise for them.

Facts: (as I attest)
I was unaware at the time of order that they were in the midst of KS fulfillment (which I can only imagine the stress, but I'm happy they had success)

In his multi-hat-wearing juggling dance of KS fulfillment, he, understandably, was a couple days delayed in replying to me.

I was nagging in my concern over the order.

Ben's reply was class A+, and more than I deserve based on the facts above.

The world needs more merchants like Ben in gaming.

Good night, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Lindoo
United States
Alaska
flag msg tools
I received a reply as well. Happy to have an update, but would have liked to see something on their website mentioning the hold-up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew H
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I placed my order at the end of November and still have not heard back, after going through the same avenues as those above (Twitter, email, etc.). It is still dissapointing, but I'm glad to hear that things are turning out positive for everyone!

Any mention of whether or not things would make it in time for Christmas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Bender
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
I put an order via his web site on Dec 4th.

At first I was unable to get an account set up, and sent a message via the online feedback form. Ben replied in persona and was able to fix the issue so I could get an account.

after my order processed and I got an email receipt, I heard nothing. Christmas came and went, and I sent an email to Ben directly (the info@daedalusproductions.com address simply bounces)Still have heard nothing.

I suppose it is understandable that he wants to fulfill his KS backers first, but it is frustrating.
At the very least posting some kind of warning about the situation and estimated delivery times would be wise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the Eclipse insert (November fulfillment) and haven't received it yet. I was hoping to have it over the holidays to assemble since it's a rather big project to make. So far nothing but I assume I'll see it in January sometime.

I've seen the assembly video and I can imagine with all the parts it's a bear to manufacture. I'm still flabbergasted they stain and varnish each piece. I wouldn't think they could make any money considering the time it must take for each one.

I'm certainly not under the impression there's anything nefarious going on. They have shown a lot of real videos of the components. Just seems like they didn't realize how much work they created for themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
@Scott, I can vouch for them. I've received my Dace Masters box and it's fantastic. Very well made, and like you said, they take the time to stain it. Really looks nice and holds A LOT of Dice Masters gear.

I've backed a number of kickstarters that took longer to fulfill than I think the creators expected. Arena Rex, Scoville, Robotech, and Camp Grizzly to name a few.

It's got to be difficult to have a project in which 1000 copies seems like a dream turn out to have 25,000 copies backed by the close. I don't envy them, that's for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Logan Bender
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mambo4 wrote:
posting some kind of warning about the situation and estimated delivery times would be wise.

this is now posted on the store page of the web site:

Quote:
"Due to great Kickstarter backers we have been running our machines day and night to put orders out. We weren't expecting to fill 100's of orders in our first month. Because we opened the store others have ordered and we have caused delays on both sides - creating frustration. We don't want to lose customers but to better serve the whole and maintain integrity of ship dates we must close the store down for the month of December. We will reopen the first of Janaury (with new machines and better processes in place to handle the demand). Thanks for your patience."

Good on Ben!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Huckins
United States
savannah
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have tried. My wife ordered 2 inserts for my Christmas presents in early Dec, she has sent multiple emails, have not heard a peep yet. Needless to say they are have most likely lost any of our future business.

Update,

Got Several emails from the guys at daedalus apologizing for the delay and lack of communication. Said that they would send our order out that day. Got the the items Saturday with another apology on the receipt. Have not assembled the boxes yet, will do that later today, looks like a quality product.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Before finding this thread I tried placing an order via their website but the online store is closed. Thanks for posting this though. I did not realize they were so swamped with kickstarter fulfillment. Hopefully they will get caught up sometime soon so I can order. That Marvel Dice box looks so sweet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, they sent an email out saying they were closing the webstore over December to get caught up. Should be open again soon.

The Dicemaster box is AWESOME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I will definitely be placing an order when things calm down. That Marvel box is just a must have! I just learned about it recently. I wish I had the patience and time to build my own inserts but its a tall enough order for me to attempt to get all my minis painted haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really looking forward to building the Eclipse insert. Looks like a lot of fun to assemble. Though I think I'll need to have the youtube video up on my iPad while putting it together. There's a lot of pieces!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have almost a complete set of both AvX and UncannyX. With 4 dice per character, the case has plenty of room for both sets plus extras.

A full side for cards (i keep my extras there, keep my sets in folder)

Two small trays perfect for dice bags.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony T
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ChipChuck wrote:
I have almost a complete set of both AvX and UncannyX. With 4 dice per character, the case has plenty of room for both sets plus extras.

A full side for cards (i keep my extras there, keep my sets in folder)

Two small trays perfect for dice bags.

From the photos I love how the dice sit in the tray. Easy to look at and find what you need. I missed the boat on AvX because they were so sold out that by the time stock came back in Uncanny was out and more readily available. I am about 10 cards short of the full set of Uncanny. Just missing a couple rare and super rare cards of course. Excellent game. I may go back and start getting AvX now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chip Crawford
United States
Aubrey
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm the same way. Been lucky so far in finding AvX boxes.

I hear rumors of D&D: Dicemasters coming in February. I'm excited about that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.