Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have it yet, but it's discussed over in Memoir 44.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1274245/contents-tactics...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfram Troeder
Germany
Bruchkoebel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Boardgaming is not a matter of life or death...
badge
...it's much more important than that!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hansolo88 wrote:
Sooo...

Has anyone bought this? How is it?

I have it. It is a very deep insight into the game and the tactics. More than I ever think I will remember during battle. There are some things I instinctively did, some I did on purpose, some new and some I never thought of.

I am a bit irritated that the quoted scenarios were not localized, but I think it will make me a better M44 player.

Good run for my money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clexton27
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's great. A real help for newbies and although I have been playing for years, I am finding that I am learning some things I had never thought of before on the strategy side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
I play Memor 44,Tide of Iron, and Axis and Allies:1942!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine today. Looks like a great guide to learn more about strategy. Maybe I'll win more games after reading this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wolfram wrote:
Hansolo88 wrote:
Sooo...

Has anyone bought this? How is it?

I have it. It is a very deep insight into the game and the tactics. More than I ever think I will remember during battle. There are some things I instinctively did, some I did on purpose, some new and some I never thought of.

I am a bit irritated that the quoted scenarios were not localized, but I think it will make me a better M44 player.

Good run for my money.

What do you mean by "localized"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bauman
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he means that there are some scenarios described (probably at some length if this is the type of guide I think it is) in the book that were only released in French. If that were the case, I would find that a little irritating as well, but it can't be helped if we want a full translation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron H
United States
Washington
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why wouldn't it be a full translation? I am willing to believe it is.There are many scenarios in the book written by French authors like J.D. Rommel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh I just got one in the perfect way. After reading an online excerpt, I'd decided not to buy it. Yesterday I saw my first physical copy at my FLGS, and thought "I'm not going to plunk down the money, but wouldn't it be a perfect gift if someone else happened to get it for me?" Luckily, the pal I was meeting for lunch there for one of my final holiday meetings with a friend felt the same way, and voila--a free copy for me!

So we'll see what we'll see, as I've just started reading. At least I expect it will be more useful than the only other M44 product I haven't bought for myself--the shoulder bag.

(Edit) My review is now posted. It is a descriptive piece for prospective buyers, rather than an in depth commentary. I like the guide, both as a good read and a future reference tool. The author is planning future M44 volumes, some of which may become available as e-books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.